Comments please

Discussion in 'polls' started by Elc0chin0, Dec 8, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Elc0chin0

Elc0chin0 Registered Member

As a security professional for the past 10+ years I began utilizing "SecurityFocus" dot com forums to bounce ideas and questions to many 'security types' who have shared their knowledge in various ways.

Over the past 12 months I have noticed a frustrating trend I refer to as Narrowly Focused Moderation or NFM. I've posted issues on these forums because I wanted to get some feed back on issues regarding system configuration or just reply to others posts. The posts get sent back by with no reason or some foolish response that tells me the moderator has about as much foresight as a dung beetle.

Using forums was considered, back in the old days, the way that security professionals should share information much like the 'hackers' did. But with this NFM it appears that SYMANTEC has defeated this issue with battalion of list carrying moderators, which serve only one purpose.

I would like to know if anyone else here has had problems getting their posts through or any other problems on 'SecurityFocus' or other forums. If so I'd like to here you're war stories and your frustrations (please feel free to use colorful metaphors). I's like to use this information to provide a luncheon seminar presentation.

There are other forums I use, it's just frustrating to try and use a security forum that is becoming useless.

Then again I may be completely off base.

Elc0chin0
    CISSP, CISA, CISM

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.