"Clouds" in the future ?

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by dr pan k, Nov 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dr pan k

dr pan k Registered Member

As several AV companies move on to cloud technology, i wander if ESET is going towards that direction any time in the near future.

It would be a brand new feeling for eset users, especially those complaining for lack of updates during weekends...

2. ASpace

ASpace Guest

They treat their statistic gathering system - ThreatSense.NET as a "cloud"
    http://www.eset.com/threat-center/threatsense_net.php

I disagree because it just takes data about detected threats , it doesn't read information from other peers nor it reads definition in real-time from their VirusLab.

In my opinion , the "cloud" is a way to improve detection dramatically. As it is seen , antiviruses with such technologies does detect a lot more than AVs without such technologies. In order to proove this statement , let's see the latest AV-Comparatives test : Norton and McAfee that use in-the-cloud detect more than ESET . A latest AV-Test.org comparison of free AVs tested Panda's CloudAV - 99.4% detection because of the cloud.

Hopefully ESET works on this

3. dr pan k

Exactly hitechboy. Threatsense has no "pulse" feeding for the users. Cloud is all about instant and continuous data flow. I believe that the implementation of a new module along with standrad definitions should be taken in consideration. Or else i see ESET falling behind in short time...

4. agoretsky

agoretsky Eset Staff Account

Hello,

Cloud computing is a somewhat nebulous term when it comes to anti-malware with many possible implementations, functions and efficacies. That said, it is something that is being looked at, but there's nothing to share at the current time about the technology.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

5. dr pan k

tnx 4 y time Aryeh. The vendors who already apply the cloud pattern are in fact using several strategies. Your answer leaves space for interpretation, im pretty sure eset is taking in consideration the issue. Cant wait to see the v5 with new architecture: Adv Heur+Cloud Signatures...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.