Close message windows on shutdown

Discussion in 'ProcessGuard' started by docfleetwood, Apr 25, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. docfleetwood

docfleetwood Registered Member

I have close message handling enabled for my Outpost firewall. Whenever I shutdown or restart windows the close message password box pops up regarding the shutdown of the firewall. It doesn't pop up for anything else I have close message handling enabled for though. So my first question is...

Is this normal behavior? Should the password box pop up during shutdown? Personally, I would think that it probably should since the protected task is being shutdown and I asked PG to tell me that via the message window.

Second - if this is normal behavior would it be possible to add a feature to PG where you could right click the PG icon and get a shutdown/restart menu which would temporarily disable close message windows and perform the appropriate shutdown/restart windows task? So, in other words, rather than choosing shutdown or restart from the windows menu it could be chosen from the process guard icon menu to bypass the close message windows.

Of course, if I shouldn't be getting the windows at all on shutdown the suggestion is moot ;)

Tom

2. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

Hi Tom, The outpost behaviour is normal, I too use Close Message Handling with OP2 apart from the shut down, I also get the pop - up when allowing a change of rules but cancelling twice is all I need to do in that situation, both OP2 & Process Guard are then happy.
    There are still some "anomalies" :) with Close Message Handling which Jason is fully aware of though cannot always produce on his test machines, I am sure he will address the issues once they can be nailed down.

Regarding the shut down idea, it may be a good idea to post it in the Process Guard wish list thread :)

Pilli

3. WilliamP

WilliamP Registered Member

This is the same thing happens when I update TDS3 then try to minimize it,the window pops up twice, like I'm trying to close it. I have to hit cancel twice ,then minimize. But I can close it without any window for verification.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.