Cloning Works for me :)

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by amavida, May 12, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. amavida

amavida Registered Member

Using Ti 3567 to clone 2.5" Seagate 40Gb Hdd on Acer Aspire 3620 laptop onto 2.5" Samsung 60Gb Hdd in external caddy via USB.

Worked flawlessly for me.

Just thought I'd post this to let people know that I'm delighted with this great utility.

Saved me hours of re-installing Windoze!!

Cheers :)

2. urie

urie Registered Member

Same here iv'e never had a problem cloning drives:D with any version

3. mark3

mark3 Registered Member

Just as a matter of interest, do you remember whether you initialised your external hard disk or the Windows Wizard did it for you the first time you plugged it in?

4. Chutsman

Chutsman Registered Member

Would the both of you lucky users :D :D say whether you cloned via the bootable TI Rescue CD or from within Windows?

5. xamxam

xamxam Registered Member

Please let me know how you did this. I tried to clone my desktop to an externally enclosed hard drive and it did not work. Acronis also shows it must be internally mounted in the computer.
    If you could clone from one laptop to another, shouldn't it also be possible to an external hd? I have a laptop which I would like to clone to an externally enclosed hard drive, but have not a clue about how to do it.

6. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello xamxam,

Thank you for your interest in Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Acronis True Image 9.0 Home can clone hard drive if neither the original nor the target disks are recognized as removable. You can check it in Disk Management snap-in: Start -> Control Panel -> Administrative Tools -> Computer Management -> Disk Management

Thank you.
    --
    Anton Sherkhonov

7. urie

urie Registered Member

I have allways used Acronis recovery cd, a lot of things iv'e read in this forum usually end's up user error and hardware maybey i have been lucky i mean swap drives after cloning and set jumpers as needed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.