Cloning - Image - Network

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by PeggyD, Sep 6, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PeggyD

PeggyD Registered Member

Good afternoon, everyone -

I have just tried out this product as I was frustrated with the competitor's and trying to get the image set to image.

I have a brand new PC with Office 2003 and other business components included. I was successfully able to image the PC for deployment to other PCs using this product (True Image 8.0 for Workstations).

Do I understand correctly that I cannot clone from the network, even using the Corporate Version?

Did we need to use sys prep at all in this process?

I'm using XP operating system on Win2K server. Is the only way I can transfer or clone this image by copying it to a CD-ROM or floppy disks and then manually clone the PCs I need to?

Thanks anyone for your kind assistance.

Cordially,

Peggy DaValt
    Peggy.DaValt@drl.state.wi.us

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Peggy,

Thank you for your interest in Acronis Remote Workstation Disk Backup Software.

I'm afraid that Acronis True Image Corporate Workstation 8.0 does not allow you to image\clone over the network. Please be aware that in order to transfer your Windows system to a different hardware, you should first prepare Windows using Microsoft System Preparation Tool (Sysprep). You can read more on how to use sysprep in this FAQ article. However, we do not guarantee the successful transferring of your operating system to a different hardware. Actually, no one can guarantee this.

Please also note that Acronis True Image Corporate Workstation 8.0 allows you to create an image of a system partition remotely. However, only the images of the non-system partitions can be restored remotely.

In order to deploy your image to a particular PC using Acronis True Image Corporate Workstation 8.0 you will need to boot that PC from special Bootable Rescue CD and then restore the image.

When booted from the bootable media you are able to access any connected hard disks as well as a wide variety of IDE, SCSI, FireWire (IEEE-1394), USB (1.0, 1.1, 2.0) and PC card (PCMCIA) interfaces and devices, including CD-ROM, CD-R(RW), magneto-optical drives, network, Iomega Zip and Jaz. So you can store your image files there.

As I have understood, you are planning to create a master image of the preconfigured operating system and then deploy it to the several PCs over the network.

If that's the case then I would recommend you to use Acronis Snap Deploy for your purposes.

You can find more information on how to use Acronis Snap Deploy in the respective User's Guide.

You can also download and install the free trial version of Acronis Snap Deploy to see how the software works on your computer.

Please visit Acronis online store to purchase the full version of the product.

Please also note that we have a flexible system of discounts and the amount of the discount varies depending on the number of copies you want to purchase.

In case you are planning to purchase many copies, please contact our Sales Team at sales@acronis.com.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

Last edited: Sep 7, 2005
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.