Clients not auto adding in RA

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by davebutters, May 9, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. davebutters

davebutters Registered Member

Hi,
    Been using NOD32 for second year now with a few issues (x's on mapped drives and problems moving emails but I guess some of that'll improve when I upgrade from Exchange Server 5.5) but for some reason all new clients (including new servers) are not auto adding in the RA applicable window.
    For info, all new clients are XP Pro with Firewall OFF, all new servers are 2K3 - weird.
    All clients update and communicate fine to our Mirror server (Win2k server), I'm not building any new 2000 clients only XP Pro - I guess this is where the problem lies....
    Any ideas please?

2. YeOldeStonecat

YeOldeStonecat Registered Member

Along the Shorelines somewhere in New England
    You're replacing rigs on your network? Do you "delete" the old ones in RAC? The RAC will only show what you're licensed for.

Example..say you're licensed for 30 nodes...and you have 30 nodes. Say you replace 5x rigs....the RAC will still show the original 30..and not show the recently added 5..which would actually be 35 rigs. Must delete the 5 you replaced..then the newly added 5x rigs will populate the RAC within a few minutes (I think the heartbeats are 5 minute intervals)

Since you're moving to 2K3...I'll guess you're moving from NT4...realize that DNS is critical to your network now for name resolution for 2K/XP/2K3...and especially important for the function of active directory.
    Guide for help with DNS on 2K and higher servers...
    http://www.speedguide.net/read_articles.php?id=1660

Firewall....is fine, I always leave it on, just have F&P sharing set as an exception in group policy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.