Clearsight Free Antivirus

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by sg09, Apr 10, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sg09

sg09 Registered Member

clearsight Free Antivirus
    -http://www.virusbtn.com/vb100/archive/vendor?id=96-
    -http://www.clearsightav.com-
    Another Preventon/Digital Defender/Avertive clone.

Clearsight.JPG

2. J_L

J_L Registered Member

Another added to my extremely long list.

3. dw426

dw426 Registered Member

Just my 2 cents, but perhaps it needs to be explored a bit more, go through another round of testing before being added to your list? I see very few reliable results for it with a Google search (I'm guessing it's brand new?). Again, just an opinion.

4. sg09

sg09 Registered Member

I tried it in my VM. It looked legit. Like other clones a very small download and then downloads updates. But after update completion it showed definitions are corrupted and it is trying to restore that...

5. littlebits

littlebits Registered Member

Just a question which one was first? Preventon, Digital Defender or Avertive?
    Digital Defender was the first one that I heard about. I believe they use VirusBuster engine, if I'm correct.

Thanks.:D

6. AvinashR

AvinashR Registered Member

I have words with the developer of Digital Defender's last year ago and as per him they are also using VIRUSbuster's engine. As per him, they have implemented a new technology called Ukko for better performance and a memory handling called Vanir for better memory handling.

7. J_L

J_L Registered Member

If it turn out to be bad, I'll just move it to prisoners on remand or doing time in jail.

8. PJC

PJC Very Frequent Poster

Where these guys come from? About us

No further Support Info; just e-mails...

9. sg09

sg09 Registered Member

Yes all of them are using Virusbuster engine but compared to Virusbuster and Outpost's detection their detection is lesser. May be an older version of engine.

Preventon was the first I guess. Because it was there for very long, may be from 2003.

10. littlebits

littlebits Registered Member

Thanks for the info, I did notice on VirusBulletin VB100 that sometimes VirusBuster and Outpost pass but Preventon/Digital Defender/Avertive fail.

For example like on Windows 7 Professional - December 2010, VirusBuster and Outpost both passed but Avertive, Clearsight, Preventon and DigitalDefender falied with 14 WildList Misses. VIRUSfighter Pro (paid product) also failed with 14 WildList Misses which makes me believe it also uses the same engine.

I heard through the grape vine that they now use Dr. Web's engine, but don't know if it is correct.

Thanks.:D

11. Greg S

Greg S Registered Member

I have been using this for about 2 months now and really like it. Don't really have a need for an AV but wanted one just the same. In the past, I've used Avast and MSE. Both of them I have issues with on my setup for some reason. I was suprised after the install that Prevention registered itself with Win 7 action center

12. sg09

sg09 Registered Member

Dr. Web! I am not so sure. Actually last time I have tested it with some malwares (1 month ago) it showed detection names quite similar to Virusbuster nomenclature.
    Btw. Another AV using same engine is AVBooster from PCBooster.

http://www.virusbtn.com/vb100/archive/vendor?id=101

av booster.jpg

@Greg S: Its nice hearing that Preventon worked fine for you. As I keep trying on AVs on different PC Config, I have seen that these AVs Preventon/Digital Defender etc actually plays quite nice in some config.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.