cleaned/deleted - restore point?

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by beethoven, May 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. beethoven

beethoven Registered Member

I have been using NOD for a few years now and can't remember when NOD last had to take action, so I am a bit confused.
    I just did a full scan and autoclean (BS config) and when returning to the pc expected the usual -0- file screen. Instead the screen said finished with 1 infected file found and deleted. I looked for the log and eventually found the following: C:\System Volume Information\_restore{xxx\RP720\A0062651.exe »RAR »Toolbar.exe - a variant of Win32/AdInstaller application - was a part of the deleted object.

Was this variant in a system restore point? In that case should I do something different like scanning in safe mode or deleting the restore point? I vaguely remember having read something like this a long time ago but completely forgot. On the other hand googling this file and given the fact that none of my earlier scans ever showed anything, I suspect that it is related to my failed yesterday to update my Nero, meaning the file might have been ok? There is only three listings on Google re this and one does not work and the other two are in a language I don't understand.
    Does anybody know more about this?

2. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Nothing to worry about , NOD has saved your day.

Do you use Nero ? This is the popular toolbar Ask com which is bundled with the latest Nero versions.

It is in a restore point and has previously been quarantined .
    All you need to do is to flush the restore points.See how here
    https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showpost.php?p=824161

:thumb:

3. beethoven

beethoven Registered Member

I have Nero on my pc and I tried to update this yesterday (though something went wrong). However, I am pretty sure that I ticked during installation that I did not want to have any extra toolbar. Hmmmm -

Well I will follow your advice and flush the restore point - thanks :D

4. fixmypcmike

fixmypcmike Registered Member

What NOD32 found in the restore point was the installer archive for Nero, which had the toolbar inside, even though you didn't install it.

5. ASpace

ASpace Guest

You are welcome ! :thumb:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.