Clean, Delete or No Action

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by Glasher, Mar 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Glasher

Glasher Registered Member

My MOBO took a crap and I bought a laptop till I can put together another tower. I USB'd the HDD from the desktop (Windows XP Pro) to the laptop (Windows 7) and have been moving some things over. The laptop came with Norton (Bleh) and I just downloaded my licensed ESET's Smart Security 4 32bit to the laptop in 64bit with no problems.

I ran a full computer scan. At the end I was shown, "Warning, Threats Found" as listed below. I am given the choice to Clean, Delete or No Action. I've searched high and low for a guide of some sort to help to decide which action to take, but found only How To's to Clean, Deletein the help manual, internet and ESET's site. Any thoughts?

Glasher

C:\Users\Renee\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\ODMHJLXE\index-functions[1].js Win32/RegistryBooster potentially unwanted application

C:\Users\Renee\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\5F242E3I\cbfileinforegistrybooster[1].exe Win32/RegistryBooster potentially unwanted application

C:\Program Files (x86)\Uniblue\RegistryBooster\rb_ubm.exe Win32/RegistryBooster potentially unwanted application

C:\Program Files (x86)\Uniblue\RegistryBooster\rb_move_serial.exe Win32/RegistryBooster potentially unwanted application

C:\Program Files (x86)\Uniblue\RegistryBooster\rbnotifier.exe Win32/RegistryBooster potentially unwanted application

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

You were prompted for an action because the software in question and files related to it are detected as a potentially unwanted application. These types of applications are not necessarily malicious but may be unwanted due to their behavior. Therefore, ESET never deletes them automatically but always gives you an option to keep them and exclude them from detection directly from within the prompt window. Having said that, you can choose to clean the files or keep them and exclude them from scanning.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.