Clarification on Burning Image to DVD+RW via Nero 6

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by huntnyc, Nov 10, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Gary

I still have my suspicions that either poor DVD write or read performance is behind the problem (As the Boot Rescue CD is Linux based, maybe the linux device driver for DVD reading isn't as tolerant as the Windows driver?). Anyway, I've one more thing for you try (if you haven't already tried it). Check that you have disabled Windows CD recording for your burner by opening "My Computer", right click on the burner icon, select "Properties" then "Recording" and uncheck "Enable CD recording on this drive".

If it still doesn't work then I really am out of any further ideas.

Regards
    Tom

2. huntnyc

huntnyc Registered Member

Yes, I already checked that and it is disabled. Later, I might reflash my drive with the firmware update to see if that helps. No other programs have any trouble reading or writing as far as I know from DVD. Anyway, again thanks so much and I will experiment some more and see if new builds come out soon.

Will post back any new developements.

Gary

3. huntnyc

huntnyc Registered Member

Tom and all,

Jus to let you know, I installed TI 8 today, made a bootable CD, created an image of my C and E drives, splitting it at 635 MB pieces, and then burned it to DVD with Nero. Then, I booted from CD and it recognizeed the image on my DVD and I was able to restore my C drive! I do not know why it worked this time but I will keep an eye that it might remain consistent and I will hope I can use TI 8 now without the DVD burning problem that I have had so many other times.

Thank you for your hlelp andd I am sure I will look in on the great forum often.

Gary

4. herojig

herojig Registered Member

Well here is what i think, InCD is CRAP!!! See the sticky warning at the top of CD Freaks forum: Nero&InCD Forum

If u are running InCD server, I am surprised that TI8 even sees the drive! It wont on my system: XP SP2, Latest Nero, Latest TI, Sony DRX-700UL burner.

I was just trying to figure out why when I try to create rescue media, TI does not even see my Sony Burner, just the internal CD writer, which is also crap on my Sony Tr3 laptop. Any help in this regard is also appreciated! Thanks!!!
    jigs

5. Gswiss

Gswiss Registered Member

Gary,

I'm not an expert on this topic as I am also new in wrestling with TI8 in order to get it to work properly. However, if I'm not mistaken, you shouldn't use InCD to write to your DVD but only to FORMAT the DVD (UDF mode) eventually.

Right now, I'm trying to create a DVD backup in two shots : Create image on hard disk with TI and burn blank DVD from hard disk with Nero using the UDF option. I'm slightly wary about an apparent limitation of 1.9 GB for the TIB files.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.