Ckecking image takes houres

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by basje1, May 15, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. basje1

basje1 Registered Member

I have made a image of my hard drive with all the partitions and the harddrive struture information
    the image was directly stored on a 20 gig externall usb 2.0 harddrive formatted as ntfs this all happened at nomall speed in about 10 minutes.
    But afterwards I cheked the Image for anny errors and that toke over two hours to complete it came without any errors but i think that is a lot of time
    is anyone has the same expirience and can tell me wath the problem might be?

Thanks Bas

2. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Hello Bas,

Did you use the Check Image Wizard whilst running TI under Windows or from the Bootable Rescue CD? If the latter then I would hazard a guess that the Linux device drivers contained on the rescue CD aren't optimized for your particular external hard drive enclosure. Which then begs the supplemental question - did you use the latest Version/Build of True Image to create your rescue CD?

Regards

3. basje1

basje1 Registered Member

I did used the windows version an build 826
    so as far as i known that is the latest buil

4. Menorcaman

Well that rules out the Linux drivers then. The abnormally long time to check your image is very strange I must say. I've just carried out some tests on my own USB 2 (High Speed) external drive with the following results:

Compression --- Create --- Size ---- Check

None .............. 5 mins .... 6.29GB ... 7 mins
    Normal ............ 4 mins .... 4.28GB .. 3 mins
    High ............... 8 mins .... 3.94GB ... 2.5 mins
    Maximum ........ 23 mins ... 3.88GB ... 2.5 mins

As you can see, the time to check an image is more or less proportional to its size.

Regards

Last edited: May 16, 2005
  5. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello basje1,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please let me know do you try to check your image again? If yes, please tell me the result. Also please try to run "Check Image" wizard from bootable CD.

Thank you.
    --
    Irina Shirokova

6. Gr8Dane

Gr8Dane Registered Member

I'm new to TI, and I'm having a similar problem. I created an image of my hard drive at no compression, saving it on an external USB 1.1 hard drive. The image was split into three files, two of them about 4G each and the third about a 1/2G. When I did a Check Image, since there was no indication as to which file to select, I selected the first file. The check took about two hours. I have three questions:
    1) Is that an excessive amount of time?
    2) Did I select the correct file?
    3) Did it check all three files, or only the first one?

7. Menorcaman

Hello Gr8Dane,

I would say that's about right for USB 1.1

It doesn't matter which one you select.

Irrespective of which file you select, Ti will verify all three at the same time.

Regards

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.