CIS V5 public beta

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by kjdemuth, Jul 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jmonge

jmonge Registered Member

yes yes yes Sir,this is the first version of comodo that works for me;) very strong sandbox/D+ features

by the way the data base is 5980 is updating regularly:)

2. JoeBlack40

JoeBlack40 Registered Member

I'm quoting myself because...it is a saying..sometimes the obvious answers for our problems are right in front of us and they are simple as daylight...you just have to watch closely.I did.And i found out that the "automatically update virus data base" was unchecked...:D :D :D .My fault,of course.
    So,everything is fine here,happy CIS FULL user.:cool:
    Thank you jmonge in case it was for me the "announcement".:)

3. RejZoR

RejZoR Lurker

Comodo ppl are so funny. They like you when you praise them like an idiot, but if you want anything clarified, like why CIS5 fails to work under VM, they start with all sorts of lame excuses, answers in a form of yet another question, meaningless answers just to avoid direct answer. After 3 pages and a locked thread i have learned aboslutely nothing about why Comodo is the only program on Earth that requires some super duper instruction that no virtual machine can emulate. While ALL the other security programs work perfectly fine. It seems so hilarious it's almost killing me.
    I'm not exactly sure how they expect beta testers to properly test their program in any beta phase if they can't run it in VM. I know i wouldn't want to use such program...

4. Brocke

Brocke Registered Member

i scaned my drive no FPs and i enabled cloud scanning and guess what i got a FP on my realtek drivers. WOW why lol

5. JoeBlack40

JoeBlack40 Registered Member

It works for me in VM lite.No problems at all.

6. guest

guest Guest

I have been reading in Comodo Forums and seems that the cloud scanner has not been working 100% during the betatesting, they will totally fix it for the final version.

7. RejZoR

RejZoR Lurker

Well i hate VMWare because it's badly designed. VirtualPC 2007 from MS is so much more flexible and powerful. At least for me and the way how i use it.

I've asked Comodo guys what is the reason for CIS to be the only program causing problems in VM and they were just avoiding to give me a straight answer. I totally hate it when companies do that. But it seems i'm the only one, everyone else on Comodo seem to be fine with it, no questions asked.
    And that's from beta testers lol. And we are suppose to rely on their testing quality. No thanks. The one thing that i like with avast! team (or any other in that matter) is that they always give you a straight and detailed explanation whatever technical you ask them. If you're a beta tester, it's a must have/know thing. So i have serious doubts that Comodo ppl even know what they are doing. If they are playing on "security through obscurity" card, they should know it means nothing these days...

I think their program is flawed in many areas, but they seem to be so damn ignorant i'm not gonna care anymore. I'm also not going to recommend Comodo to anyone because of this. It's just bad in any way you can imagine.

EDIT:
    @guest
    Their design of cloud scanner is also seriously flawed. If cloud scanner, which cannot be 100% flags file as safe, CIS5 will automatically flag file as trusted and treat it as such. If you ask me, that's just bad.

8. guest

guest Guest

Are your sure about this behaviour of the Cloud? because I have not experienced the same, sorry.
    The cloud is still not working properly probably because the need to add more power to handle all the Commodo users. But this will be solved in the final version.

I have never had any problem with Comodo in VMWare, the only documented problems that comodo have is with VirtualBox
    http://www.virtualbox.org/ticket/2496
    Is a bug that virtualbox have not fix yet.

If you had a problem with virtualPC 2007 probably the Mod's dont have enough knowledge to give the ultra detailed answer that you are looking for, send a PM to a developer. But probably the best person that can give you an answer is the people that developed virtualPC 2007 4 years ago since their software is not working properly. So probably Comodo dont have enoght information to explain a bug in an outdated software from Microsoft.

I dont expect comodo test their product in every single release of every single virtual machine software even the outdates ones to see the debug and check if everything goes well. Microsoft should test Comodo and see where the problem is, because they have the debuging tools and all the resources.

If a program works in a real computer and does not work in a virtual pc, this is a bug in the virtual pc not in the program that you are testing.
    You are using virtualPC 2007 a software release almost 4 years ago, maybe you should report a bug in microsoft and try VMWare.

If you use google your will find that there are many securitu app's that have problems in VitualBox
    http://forums.virtualbox.org/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=33256

http://forums.comodo.com/resolvedoutdated-bugs/firefox-freezes-t38978.0.html;prev_next=prev

http://forums.virtualbox.org/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=9529&start=30
    Maybe the outdated VirtualPC 2007 has the same problem, asks microsoft, because Comodo can not help you with the bugs and limitations of another software.
    Did you see what everybody did? they went to post the bug in the forums of the virtual machine company and they gave their and answer. Nobody went to kasperksy forum or Online Armor forum demanding a detailed answer, nobody is "angry" with OnlineArmor or Kasperksy because they dont work properly with their virtual machine, because they understand that OnlineArmor and Kasperksy can't help that much.

It's ridiculous ask for support in Comodo forums for a bug in a Microsoft product, don't you think?
    And in Comodo forums the people gave you several answers:

If you want a more detailed one ask to microsoft, comodo does not have access to the source code of VPc2007 and they dont know their limitations. Comodo developers works to make their products work great not to beta test evey single version of every single virtual machine software to see if the VM software is buggy or not.

Due to the ridiculous limitations of VIrutalPC 2007 I think that most of the security app would not work 100% well.
    http://www.google.es/search?q=Virut... 2007 limitations&spell=1&fp=6f1de62a8217f2cf

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 6, 2010
  9. RejZoR

RejZoR Lurker

Well, all i was expecting from Comodo to say was:

We need this instruction to do this with a program modul X (like D+). But i guess that's just too damn hard for Comodo staff to explain.

10. guest

guest Guest

It's not the work of Comodo discover the bugs of every single virtual machine even with outdated versions.
    Of course is hard for the staff, they dont have the knowledge and the resources to do it, only a developer in Comodo may give you a proper answer but probably they didnt read you thread or they didn't want to spend time discovering a bug in another app.

EDIT: I asked to a mod to reopen your thread if you want to say something else, but maybe there is not that much to say.

11. pabrate

pabrate Registered Member

Those MRG dudes really have fixation on Comodo, it's becoming sick.

All of a sudden it's a "BIG" issue that CIS is not working in VirtualPC 2007 !
    He demands explanation !

Buddy, you have two options : Use VMware or install it on host machine.
    Simple as that.

12. guest

guest Guest

I think that RejZoR is not related at all with MRG.
    Maybe he just had a bad day ;)

13. pabrate

By reading his signature you can tell he's a member (whatever that means) ;)

14. guest

guest Guest

Anyway he has 683 posts in Comodo, he is a well known member in the forums, if he is related with MRG or not does not mean that he have to "hate" Comodo or something similar, but please left the personal issues and come back to the topic. -> CIS 5

15. RejZoR

RejZoR Lurker

Well, if you hate me based on my signature, then you're even worse than me.
    Besides, group is not written with uppercase, so no, i'm not affiliated with MRG in any way, but i do work with some other malware research team.

We are Comodo beta testers, i think expecting a clarification is perfectly reasonable thing to expect. This just shows how much they really care about beta testers.

And no, i don't want the damn VMWare, because i hate it. Period.

16. pabrate

Why would anyone hate you, you hate VMWare and that's your issue, not Comodo's.

IMO you're just making too much "noise" about it. That's all.

If you don't want to install beta on your host, that's fine, wait for final release then.
    Miicrosoft VM is very outdated , just accept that CIS is not working with their VM and move on.

17. coolkid456

coolkid456 Registered Member

CIS v5 is really good IMO. I put it on my Brothers laptop, hes having no problems. Its way better than v4.1, I got to many False Positives with it. I haven't really tested their Sandbox, has it improved any?

18. Brocke

Brocke Registered Member

so thats why i got a FP on my realtek because of the cloud? i scanned and didnt use the cloud and didnt get any FP's

i find it odd and hope they fix the cloud.

19. guest

guest Guest

I dont know. Maybe they have integrate the FP submisions also in the Cloud, the thing is that the cloud always have the latest definitions, the big whitelist... But the devs are aware about this problem already and should be fixed with the final version.
    I will wait until the final version to test the efficiency of CAV+Cloud

20. RejZoR

RejZoR Lurker

Then for god sake, why NO OTHER program has problems? What's so super duper about Comodo for it to be incompatible so badly? That's what i'm asking like a retarded moron for 3 days and no one gave me a clear answer. And that's what's pissing me off.

21. guest

guest Guest

Have you tested the 100% features of all the most important security apps in VirtualPC2007?

Because you were answering in the wrong forum.

You can try here:
    https://www.microsoft.com/windows/virtual-pc/support/default.aspx

22. blacknight

blacknight Registered Member

Stop flaming, please. We're interested to CIS 5, nothing else. :rolleyes:

23. 3x0gR13N

3x0gR13N Registered Member

FYI Kaspersky 2009 and onwards aren't compatible with VirtualBox: http://forum.kaspersky.com/index.php?showtopic=161942&view=findpost&p=1297984 (causes crashes/BSoDs and hangs)
    Maybe the reason for the CIS incompatibility is very technical and cannot be conveyed into words understood by novices or even advanced users... just a thought... :)
    In any case, we're steering into discussion about VMs and other programs, rather than CIS.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2010
  24. jmonge

jmonge Registered Member

database 5990;) fast and smooth:)

25. RejZoR

RejZoR Lurker

Well KAV 2010 works just fine if you like it or not. No crashes or BSODs. Besides, i'm done with Comodo. I haven't seen any company be so immature and have such useless beta program with staff that's keeping secrets from beta testers, the ones that are trying to iron out bugs. If that isn't freakin retarded, then i don't know what else is or could ever be. They are not worth my time and experience.

Seriously, if you want to leave your computer security to such company, be my guest. I know i can't recommend them to anyone anymore. At all. Ever.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.