CIS 2014 GUI sneak preview

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Mops21, Jul 24, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mops21

Mops21 Registered Member

2. Smiggy

Smiggy Registered Member

Impressed that they issue a preview of the GUI first and not the proposed inner workings and/or enhancements!?

Looks just like most other current offerings now, a la Metro.
    Wonder if looks aside it'll fare any better in detection rates?

Nah, me neither!!
    :D :D

3. BoerenkoolMetWorst

BoerenkoolMetWorst Registered Member

I can't see it, perhaps registration is needed? I registered, but it is slow, because I apparently need manual approval first.

Lol, indeed GUI hype again.

4. gery

gery Registered Member

i like it so far the best gui

5. Solarlynx

Solarlynx Registered Member

Ugly metro win-8 style! :thumbd:

6. Antimalware18

Antimalware18 Registered Member

This is nice and simplistic...yet ugly. Tired of seeing vendors go with the MetroUI

7. guest

guest Guest

Actually, the detection rate is pretty good. It detected 4 out of 5 fresh malware samples when I tested it. The right-click scan bug needs to be fixed though.

8. spywar

spywar Registered Member

GrafZeppelin: At least you could take a bigger sample set :D

9. guest

guest Guest

Don't have access to malware storage. All the infected pen drives available also has been disinfected. :p

10. ZeroDay

ZeroDay Registered Member

The detection rate is top notch now, especially with the cloud.

11. avman1995

avman1995 Registered Member

And How did you claim that :rolleyes:

I hope not Lame Scanning with malware packs as you never know if the pack has high detection or low and then if CAV gets high with some pack people began to claim its top notch and dont understand the pack had similar/high detection samples.Show me weightable some proof like AV-C tests or something I can take it as a glimpse of improvement it. :p

Besides,if detection is top notch why doesnt comodo participate in AV-C detection test not because Mellih made a mess of it by his stupid controversies and proofless claims and rants but because CIS will not get a respectable score in AV-C.

I guess reason why mellih did that because CIS faired averagely in that test and because there was no other way to avoid people looking at those results only way was to make up some nonsense controversies.Now dont tell me CIS faired top notch in AV test that was just 1 test and we will see how it goes further this year.

And besides,CIS AV is much better now with v6 but without additional features like cloud etc.In my tests,much better than v5,very good right now but not top notch.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2013
  12. RejZoR

RejZoR Lurker

Pointing out the "especially cloud" part. You should add "when cloud works" which rarely happens from my experience...

13. siketa

siketa Registered Member

CAMAS is working ATM...

14. avman1995

And it goes dead in some time again :rolleyes: been happening since past week :(

15. Tyrizian

Tyrizian Registered Member

It looks nice and clean, I like it.

16. spywar

spywar Registered Member

Nothing wrong with cloud :rolleyes:
    Lookups works really well and detects a lot more stuffs missed by local AV.
    Only thing not working is CIMA uploading which is different than saying "cloud not working" (which does not mean anything if you don't specify what, I mean cloud lookup system or cloud based analysis system).

17. colorado13

colorado13 Registered Member

Ugly gui win-8 style

18. RejZoR

RejZoR Lurker

I've also had other stupid things, not just uploading...

19. spywar

spywar Registered Member

Please can you give more details ? For now I have CIMA uploads which does not work that's it for me (for now). I had problems with cloud lookups weeks ago they fixed issues in backend now it's working smoothly

20. ZeroDay

ZeroDay Registered Member

I'd appreciate it if you didn't patronize me for a start. I know that from running tests for a while now.

Edit to add: I haven't got to show you anything. Who are you that I should feel the need to convince or impress?

Last edited: Jul 25, 2013
  21. spywar

spywar Registered Member

Certainly 10 times better than it was in V3. It's really good now.

22. blacknight

blacknight Registered Member

Very ugly GUI: CIS developer winks to the smartphone's addicted. :thumbd:

23. avman1995

Yet another COMODO fanboy Lame!!! :rolleyes:

Running your own home grown tests which is of no use.I think LowerWaterMark already created some flaws of home grown tests and more ever these tests destroy the real equation of how a infection gets to a computer as Fabian discussed in orginal AV-C thread,the problem is not comodo the problem is your personal tests where no AV except your dear comodo only fairs well which is kind of a meh.We are here to discuss about all AV programs and not just move your comodo into heavens and put all AV's down :rolleyes: so you can stop your proofless rant. This is getting annoying everytime someone points out a flaw with COMODO or their company everytime fanboys get mad.What's the deal!? Why are you guys so paranoid with comodo and banging other well known AV's bro!? its just AV software,not life!? Pathetic!

AV-C tests may or may not be money oriented but that is actually what happens in real world no one is gonna come across 1000's of piece of new malware via USB in real world.Considering the fact that AV-C uses all features of AV's you cant blame their methodology which may be fool proof apart from sample set collected and question with money factor.

Plus,I read your posts on Virus exchange forums.Fabian did discuss the points of flaws of your personal home grown tests and the facts as to why your own MT home grown tests and AV-C results differ because of the flaw of test methodology used in your Home grown tests where there is a destruction of the whole real life situation where no one is going to come across a large set of pieces of malware in anyway.

As far as testing flaws with AV-C/AV-tests goes,no one is going to browse those many malwares everyday and what about detection of the malware that spreads in real world apart from generic testing.

To add,no AV will perform 100% with just web filter,obviously there will be sandboxed or behaviour detections also playing the roll of AV-C test results and because AV-C uses 1000's of links against full AV packages and not just their webfilter or Scanner results are a bit more accurate and come closer to real life situations but again we are no one to prove testing organizations wrong.

This is wilders,think globally rather than your comodo,we are not interested in your biased home grown flawed personal tests and how badly the good old trusted BDIS performed in it unless it has some positive opinion of some any other AV which is worth it.We are here to improve and point out flaws with AV's not bash them like you are doing.

Have A Great Day!

Last edited: Jul 26, 2013
  24. Rasheed187

Rasheed187 Registered Member

Can someone please post the damned pic, I can not see it. :cautious:

@ true indian, aren´t you taking this stuff too seriously? :blink:

25. Solarlynx

Solarlynx Registered Member

Press the link in the OP.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.