CHX status?

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by delerious, Sep 8, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. delerious

delerious Registered Member

So what's going on with CHX? Stefan hasn't posted in close to 4 weeks (hope he's OK), and the idrci.net website is not really a website anymore -- just a single page with some download links. Is the current version the last free version (get it now while you still can...), or will development cease altogether?

2. Centurion

Centurion Registered Member

3. delerious

Thanks for the link.

Does this mean that they will continue to release free updates to CHX that contain only bug fixes, and that additional enhancements will be in the paid-for Third Brigade products?

I'm guessing the employment agreement prohibits Stefan from posting onto the message board, and that is why we haven't heard from him.

4. delerious

I just noticed I misread that news release. I thought it said September 2006 instead of 2004. So I guess Stefan is still allowed to post here. But it's still a little troubling that Stefan has vanished around the same time that they've "minimalized" the website and removed some useful things like the documentation for chx 2.8.2 and the sample rulesets.

5. Alphalutra1

Alphalutra1 Registered Member

No, chx has been owned by third brigade for over six months, at least it has since the beginning of beta testing chx-i for me, since that was the first time I saw the third brigade logo in the software. Stefan has always been what i call an intermettent poster, but when he posts, they are usually very good posts. You can always check out the official forum here
    and put a post there to see if you get a response faster.

Cheers,

Alphalutra1

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.