chuj.exe/dideli_papai.scr on thumb drive

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by ZopharShinta, Apr 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ZopharShinta

ZopharShinta Registered Member

Hey guys,

This is my first time posting to this forum. I've used google and can't find anything about these files I'm hoping you guys can help me out.

I plugged in a thumb drive I keep on my keys all the time and got a pop-up from NOD32 about an autorun.ini virus. I allowed NOD to delete the file. Then I noticed 2 files on the drive I had never seen before, chuj.exe and dideli_papai.scr. Now if these look familiar let me know. The chuj.exe is a hidden file along with the autorun.ini when the ini is made.

I tried deleting the 2 files, they came back and put the autorun.ini back in, then NOD32 deleted the ini. I formatted the drive, same response. I searched the registry for the 2 files in question found an entry for the chuj.exe (which I removed) but none for the other file. Did a restart, tried to remove them again, still the same thing.

I'm thinking of doing a format and reinstall on my pc which isn't a problem but if these are normal files then that would prove to be a big waste of time.

Any thoughts?

Thanks

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Please send those files in a zip/rar archive protected with the password "infected" to samples[at]eset.com.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.