Chromium Options new "box" - Do you like it?

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by m00nbl00d, Jan 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. m00nbl00d

m00nbl00d Registered Member

I'm using Chromium 10.0.639.0 (71338 ), at the moment, and to my surprise the Options box, now simply opens a new window with all settings are shouting out.

I really enjoyed how it used to look like, a "small" box opening above the main Chromium window.

I wonder what made them change this o_O What was wrong with the old appearance?

Last edited: Jan 14, 2011
  2. m00nbl00d

Can any one confirm if Chrome's Options box is like this -http://www.filehippo.com/screenshot/google_chrome/9308_3/ ?

I'm totally disliking how Chromium's Options box looks like, for weeks. 100% ruined, IMO :thumbd: I wish they bring back the old box.

3. zfactor

zfactor Registered Member

they are using the same options page as chrome os is (im testing it and have the cr-48's) so i dont think they will be changing this any time soon. they changed to this new window style during the early builds of chrome 10 dev channel..and has been this way for a while now. many actually like the way is is now though im NOT one of them. i prefer the old way.

4. m00nbl00d

At least they could have fully change its appearance. I personally have cookies blocked and then I just allow then by clicking the blocked cookies icon in the address bar; well, the box to allow cookies still resembles the old look.

This makes it look unprofessional and unclean, IMO. They want to change it, OK. Overtime one gets used to it, but they should fully change it and not just parts of it.

I truly hope they don't kill more aspects of the old Chromium look, because new isn't always better.

Is it me, or when one opens the new Options box, it feels kind of slowish? I have that feeling.

5. John Bull

John Bull Registered Member

Don`t worry about it m00ny, you have to understand that Google allocated Chrome to the Office Boy as a ZAP game to mess about with when he was`nt making coffee.

I guess in this case his fingers were gummed up by his Hershey bar that he pressed the wrong keys.

John

6. vasa1

vasa1 Registered Member

1. You've been using quite an old, old, old, Chromium. If you had been on the Chrome Dev channel instead you'd have seen this coming months ago.

2. Google seem to believe that if it ain't broke, you aren't working hard enough.

Seriously, I can't see the point in using Chromium (or Canary) unless it's to see the very latest that Google is contemplating.

7. m00nbl00d

1. I started this thread January 14th, 2011, 03:26 PM. Back then, that version wasn't that old. Now, I'm using one of the latest versions, which I got yesterday.

I do not download each single snapshot that comes out; it's crazy to do that. I download a new snapshot per-day, at the end of the day.

So, I don't truly see the purpose of that comment, but OK. ;)

I also don't know when it first got introduced to Chromium, but my bet is before it was introduced in Chrome? After all, Chrome is based on Chromium, and not the other way around.

2. It seems to be the situation. :D

I use Chromium, because I prefer it over the branded Chrome. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.