Chrome Stable Channel Update

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Page42, Nov 12, 2013.

1. Page42

Page42 Registered Member

So you were able to get .145 with those settings in place by updating via About Google Chrome?
    flash player settings manager.jpg

2. pegas

pegas Registered Member

Auto updates of Flash player (ActiveX or Plugin) are managed in Flash Player Settings Manager under Control Panels.

3. Minimalist

Minimalist Registered Member

Does this control panel manage both system built-in flash ( Windows8 ) and Chrome Flash?

4. pegas

pegas Registered Member

Yes. It centrally manages ActiveX and Plugins.

5. Minimalist

When I open up my Flash settings it doesn't recognize my Chrome installed plugin:

upload_2014-7-10_15-32-51.png

6. pegas

pegas Registered Member

Strange. I have ActiveX and plugin detected as installed. Maybe a clean reinstallation of Flash Player would be a viable solution.

7. Minimalist

I don't have Flash installed. It is included in Windows 8 so there is no un/installation needed. I would have to do it manually as there is no uninstaller, but I guess I will skip it for now.

8. elapsed

elapsed Registered Member

You most likely installed the Chrome plugin manually, which isn't recommended, as then it will use the NPAPI plugin rather than the PPAPI plugin that comes with flash.

Updating in Chrome is handled by Chrome, updating in IE on Win8 is handled by Windows update. Your previous statement is incorrect, the only time the "check now" option is usable is when you've manually installed flash.

If it's usable for you you're either using a browser that isn't Chrome or IE on Windows 8 and installed Flash manually. But if you are using one of those 2, uninstall Flash now.

9. pegas

pegas Registered Member

I just grabbed (a few years back) installation file of Flash Player for IE and Opera/Chrome and installed the both. Since then the both are auto updated.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2014
  10. elapsed

elapsed Registered Member

If you're using Chrome I recommend you uninstall it and use the one that comes with Chrome which is more secure.

11. SirDrexl

SirDrexl Registered Member

Mine is updated now as well. Maybe they just took their time getting it out, although I have rebooted since the last time I checked.

I have all of those Google Update settings disabled, and I can't find a Flash Player Manager. You don't get it if you just use the Chrome plugin, right? I can configure some things via the online settings manager on Adobe's website, but there's nothing about updates.

And yes, the new version is in the Users folder. Ugh.

12. pegas

pegas Registered Member

Thanks for the hint but I use Opera Chromium which is short of inbuilt Flash so no other chance than to keep it how it is.

13. Page42

Page42 Registered Member

I finally forced Flash Player to update to .145 on both of my W7 machines. This has been very frustrating, and to read the 66 comments on the Chromeblog, I can see right away that I am not the only one who was experiencing this componet updating snafu.
    If anyone is still stuck on .125, let me know.

14. Page42

Page42 Registered Member

Stable Channel Update

The Chrome Team is excited to announce the promotion of Chrome 36 to the Stable channel for Windows, Mac and Linux. Chrome 36.0.1985.125 contains a number of fixes and improvements, including:
    Rich Notifications Improvements
    An Updated Incognito / Guest NTP design
    The addition of a Browser crash recovery bubble
    Chrome App Launcher for Linux
    Lots of under the hood changes for stability and performance

Security Fixes and Rewards

This update includes 26 security fixes. Below, we highlight fixes that were either contributed by external researchers or particularly interesting. Please see the Chromium security page for more information.

[$2000][380885] Medium CVE-2014-3160: Same-Origin-Policy bypass in SVG. Credit to Christian Schneider.

As usual, our ongoing internal security work responsible for a wide range of fixes:
    [393765] CVE-2014-3162: Various fixes from internal audits, fuzzing and other initiatives.
    Many of the above bugs were detected using AddressSanitizer.

Interested in switching release channels? Find out how. If you find a new issue, please let us know by filing a bug.

Matthew Yuan
    Google Chrome

15. J_L

J_L Registered Member

Awaiting Chrome OS 36, any news on that?

16. Page42

Page42 Registered Member

WEDNESDAY, JULY 16, 2014

Beta Channel Update for Chrome OS
    [EDIT: 7/17/2014]
    The Beta channel has been updated to 36.0.1985.126 (Platform version: 5841.73.0) for all Chrome OS devices except the Google Pixel, the Samsung Series 5 550 Chromebook, the HP Chromebook 14, the Toshiba Chromebook, the Acer C720 and the Dell Chromebook 11 for Education. The Google Pixel and the Samsung Series 5 550 Chromebook have been updated to 36.0.1985.126 (Platform: 5841.76.0) and the HP Chromebook 14, Toshiba Chromebook, Acer C720 and the Dell Chromebook 11 for Education have been updated to 36.0.1985.126 (Platform: 5841.74.0)

This build contains a number of bug fixes, security updates and feature enhancements. Here is a list of Chromium changes.

If you find new issues, please let us know by visiting our forum or filing a bug. Interested in switching channels? Find out how. You can submit feedback using ‘Report an issue...’ in the Chrome menu (3 horizontal bars in the upper right corner of the browser).

Ben Henry
    Google Chrome

17. Page42

Page42 Registered Member

This what you're waiting for, J_L?
    Stable Channel Update for Chrome OS
    The Stable channel has been updated to 36.0.1985.126

18. J_L

J_L Registered Member

Yup. No mention of MTP unfortunately.

19. Page42

Page42 Registered Member

The Stable Channel has been updated to 36.0.1985.143 for Windows, Mac and Linux.

This release contains a Flash Player update.

Security Fixes and Rewards
    This update includes 12 security fixes. Below, we highlight fixes that were either contributed by external researchers or particularly interesting. Please see the Chromium security page for more information.

[$2000][390174] High CVE-2014-3165: Use-after-free in web sockets. Credit to Collin Payne.
    [398925] High CVE-2014-3166: Information disclosure in SPDY. Credit to Antoine Delignat-Lavaud.

As usual, our ongoing internal security work responsible for a wide range of fixes:
    [400950] CVE-2014-3167: Various fixes from internal audits, fuzzing and other initiatives.
    Many of the above bugs were detected using AddressSanitizer.

This release fixes a number of crashes and other bugs. A full list of changes is available in the SVN log. If you find a new issue, please let us know by filing a bug.

- from Chrome Releases

20. Page42

Page42 Registered Member

The Chrome team is delighted to announce the promotion of Chrome 37 to the stable channel for Windows, Mac and Linux. Chrome 37.0.2062.94 contains a number of fixes and improvements, including:

- DirectWrite support on Windows for improved font rendering
    - A number of new apps/extension APIs
    - Lots of under the hood changes for stability and performance

More info at the Chrome Blog

21. Minimalist

22. Dragon1952

Dragon1952 Registered Member

23. Page42

Page42 Registered Member

Font got larger for me. Must have reset to default. I'll go back in and change it when I feel like messing around with it.
    I prefer not having to tweak settings... once they are set to my liking, duh.

24. Minimalist

25. J_L

J_L Registered Member

If anyone know how to make the font smaller without relying on an Experimental Flag that'd probably be removed, tell me.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.