chkdsk problem

Discussion in 'LnS English Forum' started by SimonW, Sep 17, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SimonW

SimonW Registered Member

Hi there,

Recently updated to XP sp2 and also changed the LnS service to the new one posted recently and everything has been fine. However, came back to the machine a few days ago and it wouldn't respond which required a power-reset to resolve.

Because of this I decided to run chkdsk from the command line. This showed errors during stage 2 checking which of course then suggests running chkdsk /f.

This just isn't working anymore though. The machine reboots and goes straight to the login screen and bypasses the scheduled disk check completely.

Now I've read about similar problems with the latest ZoneAlarm but not LnS. I run NOD32 as my virus checker, and this has also just been upgraded to a new version, so this could also be the cause...

Can anyone with LnS running through the SP2 service verify their chkdsk /f functionality for me please - if you've also got NOD32 new version even better !!

(Final bad news for me - I read in another forum that to force chkdsk /f, run msconfig and then choose diagnostic startup, which only loads basic services and then do the chkdsk /f. This worked correctly but when I changed msconfig back to 'normal startup' all my services - 122 !! - were left as 'disabled' - so I'm left guessing which ones should be set to auto, manual or disabled o_O :'( )

Thanks
    Simon

2. Phant0m

Phant0m Registered Member

If you aren’t already it is highly advised to use Look ‘n’ Stop Launcher utility (LnSSvc) especially if you using SP2, designed to function with Security Center.

Using Machine with XP SP2 running NOD32 v2.12.2 & Look ‘n’ Stop v2.05 doing “chkdsk /f” in Command Prompt and typing Y and pressing Enter and then re-boot the PC, the scheduled event triggered properly.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.