Changing HD hardware

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by transco, Nov 28, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. transco

transco Registered Member

Nov 28, 2004
    I want to be very sure I can do this before I mess something up. Currently my system disk is composed of two SATA HD's in a RAID 0 configuration. What I am trying to do is replace these drives with a single EIDE (parallel) HD. The easiest way to do this would be to pop in a formatted HD on the parallel interface, move the contents of the RAID 0 disk to it, then pull the RAID 0 disks and boot to the new disk. I would like to keep the SATA drives and RAID 0 controller in reserve as an instant recovery tool, should something go wrong with the new disk; i.e. same computer, with two drive systems available... just in case. First, can I do this with True Image 8.0? and second, do I need to mess with Microsoft's Sysprep.exe, and , if so, which options do I choose?

If the above isn't possible, can I make a backup of the orignal RAID 0 disks, on a temporary drive, then rebuild it onto a single new , bootable non-RAID drive? :doubt:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.