Centrally managed backups

Discussion in 'backup, imaging & disk mgmt' started by JDGILL, Apr 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JDGILL

JDGILL Registered Member

I used to use Windows Home Server for backing up the PCs on the network but unfortunately the 2011 version doesn't seem too reliable - at least not for me so I've now set up a Linux based NAS as a central location for backups and shared content etc.

Anyone have any ideas of any backup software that can be centrally managed so that I can make sure that the client PC's backups have been run and if not run them remotely in the way that WHS allowed?

Imaging would be good (although I can do this manually if necessary) but just file/folder backups would be fine.

Cheers!

2. pirej

pirej Registered Member

Maybe "Central Management Console" from Easeus?

3. JDGILL

JDGILL Registered Member

Thanks for the suggestion - looks to be more or less what I was looking for. I'm not 100% sure on Easeus however as it's not something I've used. The workstation download seems a bit on the heavy side ~114mb - a couple of the machines are pretty low spec. How light is Easeus on resources?

4. pandlouk

pandlouk Registered Member

5. pirej

pirej Registered Member

Im using the latest workstation and i don't see any noticeable difference with or without it.
    Here is some info from "ProcessExplorer"

Attached Files:

6. JDGILL

JDGILL Registered Member

Thanks for the info. Downloaded the Easeus trial and pushes the CPU use pretty high during a backup but other than that it seems pretty good. I need to attempt a restore yet though :)

Thanks too pandlouk - there's stuff there I'd never heard of. Time for some experimenting I think.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.