CD burning problem solved

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by oregonjohn, Mar 30, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. oregonjohn

oregonjohn Registered Member

I had tried and tried to get True Image to burn a Rescue CD. The program kept telling me it couldn't complete the task. I updated the 8.0 program but that didn't help at all. :(

I accidently left the CD tray open with the blank CD in it and then tried to make the Rescue CD. It worked! :)

I used it to boot up and try to burn an image. Again it said it couldn't burn. So, again, I left the tray open with the blank CD in it and....you guessed it...it worked! :doubt:

That was with two different CD burners on two different machines (I needed to make an image of a linux partition so made the Rescue CD on a Win98SE machine and booted with CD on the linux machine).

*puppy* So, it works...it's just frustrating to have to figure this out myself. There should be something in the Readme.txt about this problem or somewhere else on the web site easier to find than this thread on this forum.

John in Oregon

2. sandokan

sandokan Registered Member

How could this weird scenario be part of the FAQ? I have never had any problem creating the boot CDs, and certainly, leaving the tray open is not a solution applicable to most users. You have another problem with your drive that needs to be solved, not just curing the symptom, but going to the root.

3. MiniMax

MiniMax Registered Member

Problem with the drive?? It is more likely a problem with some software that detects when the drive close and grabs it for its own use. Leaving the tray open, starting TI and allowing TI to get a lock on the drive seems to be well-known work-around.

So the questions are:

1) Is it a solution to a problem that pops up frequently here and in the inbox for Acronis support? If so, it should go in the FAQ.

2) Is it possible to list the software that is interfering with TI? If so, list the names and ask the user to contact the company that supports the rogue, CD-grabbing software.

4. oregonjohn

It wasn't just one machine. It was on two separate and different machines, and two separate and different writers (one just a CD writer, the other a CD/DVD writer).

On the other hand, I did write the Rescue CD on one of them, then used that to run the other machine, so perhaps the flaw was transfered during the creation of the Resuce CD.

Does anyone know if Bootable Rescue Media Builder uses any of the software from the operating system (in my case Win98SE) to build the Rescue CD software? If sandokan's post has any validity (it's certainly not the CD writer) then I may have a flaw in my OS that might be where the problem lies.

I normally use Easy CD Creator 4 for burning on my Win98SE machine and it works just fine, I tested it during my problem resolution efforts. I didn't have to leave the tray out for that. :rolleyes:

John

5. como

como Registered Member

The "Full" version of the boot cd uses Linex the "Safe" version is a combination of the bios settings and the OS

6. oregonjohn

Well, then it's not about my operating system. It is about some CD writers I guess or about some BIOSs or about motherboard bridge drivers...at least that's my guess. Whatever it is it's strange that I happend to have two of the CD writers, BIOSs or bridge drivers that don't work. Then again, stranger things have happened.

John

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.