CD Boot - Change keyboard on qwertz

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by lmo, May 5, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lmo

lmo Registered Member

Good Morning,

I'm a new user of Acronis True Image Home 9. I created a Boot CD and would like to know if it's possible to change the keyboard into "qwertz" ?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Best regards,
    lmo

2. Chutsman

Chutsman Registered Member

Do you mean QWERTY? What layout is your keyboard now?

3. lmo

lmo Registered Member

My keyboard is qwertz (swiss french)

A+
    lmo

4. Chutsman

That would not be anything to do with True Image. It should be a WinXP function to re-assign keys.

5. seekforever

seekforever Registered Member

I interpreted his post to mean correcting it when he is running the boot CD linux version.

6. lmo

lmo Registered Member

I have this problem when I start my computer with Boot CD of Acronis True Image 9.

After the boot, my keyboard "qwertz" use the keymap "qwerty" and not "qwertz".

How to change the keymap "qwerty" to "qwertz" with the session linux of Boot CD.

Thank you in advance for your help.

A+
    lmo

7. jmk94903

jmk94903 Registered Member

Is there is a Swiss/French version of TrueImage that supports the QWERTZ keyboard in the Linux environment? Check with Tech Support.

It might be easier to buy a QWERTY keyboard for $10 and use that with the Recovery CD.

8. Chutsman

Might not be worth it for the short time the CD is used. Apart from the Z becoming a Y are there other changes?

9. lmo

lmo Registered Member

Yes, there are other differences for example, the characters are not to the same place : \, $, £, ;, :, _, -, ... and i have specials characters : èüéöàä...

The problem it's especially for the characters used in UNC paths and files names.

10. jmk94903

jmk94903 Registered Member

And, that's a major problem.

So, have you asked Acronis tech support about a version that supports the QWERTZ keyboard in Linux?

11. lmo

lmo Registered Member

Yes, I sent a e-mail to Acronis tech support

A+
    lmo

12. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Imo,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please accept our apologies for the delay with the response.

Please be aware that we have a French version of Acronis True Image and when you create Acronis Bootable Rescue Media using this version then it will support your keyboard layout. However, if you contact us by submiting a request for technical support you will be provided with the ISO image file of Acronis Bootable Rescue CD with this version of program.

If you have already sent a request then please let us know your Acronis request # (e.g. [Acronis #123456]) which was sent to you in autoreply to your letter. We will find out how the issue is going. If you have not received an autoreply then please send us a Private Message containing your e-mail address.

Thank you.
    --
    Kirill Omelchenko

13. lmo

lmo Registered Member

Thank you for your answer.

I tested the French version of Acronis True Image and the keyboard layout is "AZERTY" (French-France) and not "QWERTZ" (French-Switzerland).

Finally, I have the choice to use the keyboard layout "QWERTY" for the english version or "AZERTY" for the french (France) version, but not "QWERTZ" for the french (Swizterland). It's a problem for the French Switzerland users .

A+
    lmo

Last edited: May 11, 2006
  14. bVolk

bVolk Registered Member

Hello Imo,

If you build the BartPE CD with the True Image plugin that comes with Build 3567, you will be able to select the keyboard layout. There are four French layouts available, Swiss French being one of them.

15. lmo

lmo Registered Member

Hello bVolk,

Thank you for your answer. I do not know this software.
    Where to find it ?

A+
    lmo

16. bVolk

bVolk Registered Member

Hi Imo,

The site is http://www.nu2.nu/pebuilder/.

BartPE CD is a mini-Windows boot CD that will replace the regular TI Rescue CD and give you some additional functionality.

Download Pebuilder and review the .htm files in the various subfolders of the plugin folder to see how it's done to set it up and create the BartPE CD. Don't let the lack of instructions on the web page scare you, just download PEbuilder and browse through it's folders (.htm files in \help and \plugin\ ... ). It's simple when you once grasp the logic of it. For the TI plugin you will need to create a new plugin subfolder - name it at will.

The instructions for the keyboard layout are in the .htm file of the \plugin\keyboard folder. You'll have to make a small modification to the related .inf file.

But, to create the BartPE CD, you need the real Windows installation CD (not just a repair CD). If it doesn't contain SP1 or SP2 already, you shall have to slipstream SP2 to it. You'll find instructions on the web site. You can get the SP2 disk from Microsoft for free.

It's advisable to copy the contents of your Windows installation CD to the hard disk, even if you don't have to do the splipstreaming.

Just go ahead and come back here if you need more help.

Last edited: May 12, 2006
  17. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

I would have thought that Linux has various language options (similar to Windows or DOS Code Pages). In which case, surely it wouldn't be that difficult for the Acronis Development Team to produce a special rescue CD ISO for Imo that forces a French Swiss keyboard layout. That would be a whole lot easier than making him jump through the BartPE+TI Plugin hoops. Chance for some good publicity for a change ;).

What say you Acronis Support?

Regards

18. lmo

lmo Registered Member

Hi bVolk and Menorcaman,

Thank your for your answers.

Yes, I sent a e-mail to Acronis tech support and I received today the answer :

"I'm afraid that QWERTZ keyboard layout is not supported at the moment.
    We will probably implement it in future versions."

This week-end, I will test the solution indicated by bVolk.

A+
    lmo

19. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Imo, bVolk and Menorcaman,

Please accept our apologies for the delay with the response.

Imo, I'm sorry for not taking into account that you use the French Swiss keyboard layout. I'm afraid that we do not support this laoyout at the moment. However, we have forwarded a suggestion to our Development Team to produce a special version for our French Switzerland customers or to implement an option allowing to choose the keyboard layout in Acronis Bootable Rescue Media.

This suggestion will certainly be considered and probably such version will be available in future or this option will be implemented. We will let you know if it will be decided to produce such version.

Thank you.
    --
    Kirill Omelchenko

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.