CCleaner and SSD - recommended settings?

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by FanJ, May 28, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FanJ

FanJ Updates Team

I am completely new to SSD and Win 7. (PC has arrived very recently. One internal SSD and one internal HDD).
    In case I would like to use CCleaner, what would be the recommended settings?

Thanks much in advance!

2. Minimalist

Minimalist Registered Member

I didn't change any settings. Though, I wouldn't enable Secure file deletion with multiple overwrites and I wouldn't use Drive wiper on it.

P.S.: how do you like speed improvement when using SSD?

3. Veeshush

Veeshush Registered Member

Yeah, like I said in your other thread- generally avoid things that stress the drive and don't really do much for SSDs- like disabling defrag and not using secure delete functions less you're going to sell the drive.

Even then I believe file overwrites/secure deletes are handled a bit differently on SSDs compare to regular hard disks. But I haven't actually gotten around to reading up more on that (maybe it's harder to recover files on SSDs compared to spinning disks).

4. trott3r

trott3r Registered Member

AFAIK modern SSDs are a lot more resilient to multiple writes then their older counterparts.
    The old advice i feel doesnt apply anymore apart from the multiple overwites menitoned by hqsec and optimising is not necessary as it is not a mechanical device.

5. DVD+R

DVD+R Registered Member

Ignore anything it says basically

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.