CCAPP.exe trying to connect to port 110

Discussion in 'malware problems & news' started by Flat_Line, Feb 6, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Flat_Line

Flat_Line Guest

Hi

I'm currently using Nortion AV 2004 & Sygate firewall. In the last couple of days Sygate has detected CCAPP.exe trying to connect to "bunuel-cpe-41.nat-pool.bgd.sbb.co.yu [82.117.192.169] on port 110 (POP3)?? Its an address in Yugoslavia, Serbia I think.

I've blocked it everytime its tried. Is there a trojan/backdoor that hijacks CCAPP and uses it for its own devices??

I've scanned with TDS and Norton but my system is "clean".

Has anyone seen this behavior before?

Thanks

2. CrazyM

CrazyM Firewall Expert

Is the file path correct for the ccapp.exe Sygate is alerting to?
    Have you checked the accounts in your e-mail client(s)?
    I do not think ccapp.exe would/can do this on it's own, but will proxy POP3 and SMTP traffic for applications on your system for NAV scanning purposes. Any unknown .exe's running?

Regards,

CrazyM

3. Flat_Line

Flat_Line Guest

Yep the path is correct. I don't have any email clients step up, I always use web mail. I think all my running .exe are accounted for. I searched on google groups to see if anyone else had had similar problems, I founds this post...

http://groups.google.co.uk/groups?q....0303220509.cdb9065@posting.google.com&rnum=2

Scanned with all the anti-trojans, anti spyware u guys reccomened on here and NAV but its not detected and trojans. Any ideas?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.