caveats for NOD32 file scanner on an Exchange server

Discussion in 'Other ESET Home Products' started by jreiter, Oct 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jreiter

jreiter Registered Member

Are there any recommendations or caveats for running NOD32 on a server running Exchange? I'm referring to the file system scanner, not NOD32 for Exchange. I would assume some file/folder exclusions would be good, such as the Exchange database folder, the transaction log folder, and the Mailroot folder as those are hugely active folders. Their content (email) basically will get scanned by NOD32 for Exchange, regardless.

Just wanted to make sure there weren't any special procedures for putting a NOD32 file system scanner onto a server running Exchange.
    Thanks.

2. nonoise

nonoise Registered Member

try here, exclusions for exchange are under number 7

3. jreiter

jreiter Registered Member

Good deal, thanks. Pretty much what I had figured, but they added a couple of interesting folders to the exclusion list I might not have considered, notably the inetsrv folder. (And since we're not running the full protection suite, only the basic nod32, I don't have to worry about much of the other settings.)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.