Catch 22 - don't have serial number so can't contact support to ask for them!

Discussion in 'Acronis Disk Director Suite' started by jrg, Mar 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jrg

jrg Registered Member

Hi, I bought Disk Director Suite over the internet. Got an email confirmation. Installed. Now want to update to hopefully fix some errors. So I emailed support. Support no longer take email, you have to fill in a form on the internet. Which of course, requires the product serial numbers. Any bright ideas?

2. K0LO

K0LO Registered Member

jrg:

Start Disk Director, choose "Help" "About". Your serial number will be displayed on the resultant dialog box.

3. jrg

jrg Registered Member

Umm, no it's not.

Attached Files:

4. K0LO

K0LO Registered Member

OK; I'm embarrassed. You have build 2117. On build 2160 (the latest version), the serial number is displayed on this screen.

5. jrg

jrg Registered Member

Yes, if an admin logs into this post I've updated my profile so they can send me a private email and then I presume I'll get my serial number that way. Cheers, John Then I can get the latest build!

6. If you got an email confirmation, then you ought to be able to recover your registration at the forgot password / forgot registration screen on the right side of this page - no serial number required:

https://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/my/products/

acronis-support-forgot1.png

Also, there's a generic contact page here on the Acronis site, which doesn't seem to require a serial number:

http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/company/contacts/request/?t=2

acronis-support-support2.png

Private messages is what they use on this forum to communicate not private email. Acronis Support is not an Admin on this forum, so it is doubtful they have access to your profile. And, it looks like you have disabled "private messages" on your account. If PMs were enabled, it would say so in your profile screen here:

acronis-support-contact3.png

If you reenable private messages, you could send a PM to Acronis Support using the link in their profile:

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/member.php?u=13415

7. jrg

jrg Registered Member

Thanks, I'll give that a whirl and let you know how I go. Cheers, JRG

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.