CaptureIt Giveaway of the Day

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Page42, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Page42

Page42 Registered Member

Does anyone here have any personal experience with CaptureIt, available today at giveawayoftheday.com? I'd be interested in your opinions. :thumb: or :thumbd: ?

2. bigbuck

bigbuck Registered Member

3. Page42

Page42 Registered Member

Thanks for the info on hoversnap. I did not grab a copy of CaptureIt... I couldn't find a compelling reason to do so, with so many comparable programs available, many of which are free. When I do finally get one, it will probably be FastStone Capture.

4. JRViejo

JRViejo Super Moderator

Take a look at this Wilders thread: Screen Capture apps. My post #3 includes a link to the last freeware version of FastStone Capture.

5. Page42

Page42 Registered Member

Excellent! Are you running FSCapture v5.3? Did you obtain your copy form the LastFreeware page you linked? I've never heard of that web site, and wonder if it is reputable? Thanks.

6. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

Of all the capture apps I have ever tried none work as well or as simply as Hoversnap been using it for many years. and it works great on Vista Home Premium

Last edited: Nov 4, 2008
  7. Page42

Page42 Registered Member

8. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

What you see in the screen shot is what you get with hoversnap.

9. JRViejo

JRViejo Super Moderator

Yes, I downloaded it from that site, which is a well known site here at Wilders, but I'm using the Portable version, not the Full. Didn't want to muck up the Registry. At least you can try it and decide if you want to pay for a newer version later on.

bigc73542 is correct. I also have HoverSnap, an excellent program, and it does its job very well, however, it does not have the bells and whistles of FastStone Capture 5.3. Simplicity is the real virtue of HoverSnap.

10. huntnyc

huntnyc Registered Member

Can that last free version of Fastone capture scrolling Web pages and can it capture from a scanner and thanks.

Gary

11. JRViejo

JRViejo Super Moderator

Yes, it can capture scrolling Web pages but if you are asking if it has OCR (Optical Character Recognition) capabilities to capture direct from a scanner, this version does not and I don't believe the newer version does either.

12. Page42

Page42 Registered Member

Appreciate the reply. I'll let you know what I think of FSCapture v5.3 when I install it and run it for awhile. Thanks again for the link. :thumb:

13. JRViejo

JRViejo Super Moderator

Page42, you're welcome! Take care.

14. huntnyc

huntnyc Registered Member

Thanks but I was wonderinf if Fastone Capture can use a scanner to capture images from its interface loike Snagit does, no OCR but just image files like JPEG adn the like.

Gary

15. JRViejo

JRViejo Super Moderator

Gary, if you're talking about this: Snagit9 Capture from a Scanner or Camera, even the newest version of FastStone Capture 6.3 Features, does not seem to have that capability.

On the other hand, even FSCapture 5.3 can save screen images as BMP, GIF, JPEG, JPEG2000, PCX, PNG, PPM, TGA, TIFF and Adobe PDF, but can not perform several operations that the newest Paid version can. I suggest you download the Portable version, like I did, and check it out for yourself.

16. Page42

Page42 Registered Member

JRViejo, I mentioned that I would let you know what I think of FSCapture v5.3 when I install it and run it for awhile. It's been almost a week and I like everything about it. I wouldn't have known about the last freeware version without your heads up. Thanks again. :thumb:

17. JRViejo

JRViejo Super Moderator

Page42, glad to know that it's working for you. Actually, it was LoneWolf who turned me on to this freebie last month, so I was happy to return the favor to another Wilders member by mentioning it to you. Thanks for posting back! Take care.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.