Can't update other apps while running KAV 6

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by TopperID, Nov 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TopperID

TopperID Registered Member

I've just upgraded to KAV 6.0.1.411 which is going well on my system, but I have hit one unexpected problem - I find that I can't update the sigs of apps like SpywareBlaster, ZAP-AS or CounterSpy etc without disabling KAV 6 first.

I can get through to the server but KAV blocks the d/l of the sigs. I've tried disabling the Web-AV and Pro-Active Defence, but the update won't work unless I disable the whole of KAV.

Needless to say this didn't happen with KAV 5, which I have been using 'till today; does anyone know how to get round this problem?

2. Malcontent

Malcontent Registered Member

http://www.dslreports.com/forum/remark,17321886

This may or may not be the problem.

3. Littlemutt

Littlemutt Guest

Open the Settings-> click on Network settings: uncheck the SSL checking, use the bottom option.

Some sites use a secure download and the injected certificate by KAV messes up the downloads.

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9a1) Gecko/20061122 Minefield/3.0a1 Firefox ID:2006112217 [cairo]

4. TopperID

Thanx guys. I'm not sure if the DSL thread applies 'cos I've not had trouble updating KAV itself, just other apps.

The network setting configuration sounds possible but I already have it set to 'Do not check encrypted connections'. I don't know if the port settings have any effect. I'm just going to have to wait till I next have to update and play around with things.

I'm surprised no one else has experienced this problem, it's hard trying to think what may be causing it.

5. TopperID

Well I've found the answer to the problem. You just need to add the updater (or app) to KAV's Trusted zone/Trusted applications tab, and create a rule to 'Do not scan network traffic'; that does the trick!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.