Can't Update Home 9.0 - says i must uninstall first

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by moonslice1, Sep 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. moonslice1

moonslice1 Registered Member

I'm not able to update True Image Home 9.0 to the latest version. it says...

===========================
    The installation was interrupted before Acronis True Image Home could be installed. You need to restart the installer to try again.
    ==============================

I've seen this quote in your forum already, but not with the addtional message i get AFTER that:

=========================
    "The following products could not be removed automatically since they were installed on the per-user basis (the products are available for only one user of this computer). Uninstall these products manually and then restart installation.
    Acronis True Image 9.0.2302"
    ===========================

I only have it installed once on the computer so i don't know what the problem is.

I'm afraid to try using the windows installer cleanUp Utility, as then maybe even the existing 9.0.2302 won't work. The other guy on this forum who tried uninstalling his old version, couldn't even get this old version back on his pc.

ALSO, if i uninstall, then won't I lose all my scheduled tasks? (I have 4 of them)

How can I get the update installed without risking losing the old version, which is working fine?

Thanks! Jim

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Moonslice1,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please accept our apologies for the delay with the response.

Please do the following:
    1. Please open Control Panel -> Administrative Tools -> Services and make sure that COM+ System Application is Started. If it is not, please start it;
    2. Please open Control Panel -> Administrative Tools -> Services and make sure that Distributed Transaction Coordinator is Started. If it is not, please start it;
    3. Try to install the latest build again;
    4. If the problem persists, please download and run this file to update necessary drivers;
    5. Try to install the latest build one more time;

If nothing helps, please create the MS Installer log in the following way:
    1. Launch the product installation file
    2. Once the Acronis product installation screen appears, right-click on the name of the component that fails to install. You should see two options there: Install and Extract. Select Extract
    3. Select the path for extracting the component and click Save
    4. Go to the Run prompt (Start -> Run) and issue the following command: msiexec /i msi-name /l*v log-name, where msi-name is the name of the file you extracted in steps 2-3 and log-name is the path and the name to the log file you want to save the output to
    5. Reproduce the problem

Please submit a request for technical support. Provide the MS Installer log file and information collected in your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

Please be aware that if you install the latest build of the product without removing the previous one, all your scheduled tasks will be saved.

Thank you.
    --
    Ivan Sarychev

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.