Can't send an attachment

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by Lewis, Nov 23, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lewis

Lewis Guest

It seems that about the time I installed NOD32 I was unable to send an attachment or insert a jpeg in an email using Outlook express. I can send and receive text email. I checked MS Knowledgebase, nothing that worked, I tried NOD32 support, they are a bit lazy said something may have changed my pop3 to local host, if so I wouldn't be sending text email o_O
    Below is the error message I am getting.
    A time-out occurred while communicating with the server. Subject 'Photo Test', Account: 'Lewis Porter', Server: 'smtp2.aaahawk.com', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x800CCC19.

Thanks
    Lewis

2. Pieter_Arntz

Pieter_Arntz Spyware Veteran

Hi Lewis,

Check if this helps: http://faq.ozoneasylum.com/988

Regards,

Pieter

3. Lewis

Lewis Guest

Thanks for the help Pieter. I tried to install the IE SP1 and got a response that I had a newer version already installed, I do keep updated using Windows update.

Best Regards Lewis

4. Lewis

Lewis Guest

Can't send attachment & and Apology

Re read my initial post the inability to to send an email with any kind of attachment, saying NOD32 support response was "a bit lazy" it must of been due to frustration with this proplem. NOD32 support has been great for me in the past. My problem, that I can not get the issue fixed. Still have the same problem, any ideas appreciated.

Error:
    A time-out occurred while communicating with the server. Subject 'Photo Test', Account: 'Lewis Porter', Server: 'smtp2.aaahawk.com', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x800CCC19

Thanks, Lewis

5. Pieter_Arntz

Pieter_Arntz Spyware Veteran

Found another one relating to this error. Unfortunately only a solution for NAV is given, but maybe you can try something similar.
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=813518

And I found this: http://support.earthlink.net/mu/1/psc/img/walkthroughs/windows_9x_nt/email/oe_5.0/5371.psc.html

HTH,

Pieter

6. AplusWebMaster

AplusWebMaster Registered Member

7. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Hi Lewis,
    do you mean that turning IMON off (by clicking the Stop button) and restarting the computer does not help? This is quite important to know in order to confirm or deny IMON's involvement in the issue.

8. Lewis

Lewis Guest

Marcos,
    Was not aware that I could turn off IMON, and what the implication would be of doing so. I turned IMON off and still can not sent an attachment or inserted jpeg. The burden is mine. I am not using a firewall, but did install PC-cillin Internet Security for evaluation, it is uninstalled now, and am running AD-aware with AD-watch, back to work.

Thanks for your outstanding help and thanks to all others as well.

Best Regards

Lewis

9. Phant0m

Phant0m Registered Member

Try deleting the Identity in Outlook and re-create.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.