Can't restore to different partition?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by fox_three, Aug 3, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fox_three

fox_three Registered Member

Hi!

I've used TrueImage to create an archive of the first partition of my harddisk, and wanted to restore it to another, equally-sized partition on the same hard disk.

However, when I run the Restore Image wizard, it won't give me any choice of where to restore to! It's requiring that I restore to the same partition that the archive was created from, even though there are several other, larger partitions on the hard disk.

Is that normal or am I missing something?

Thanks!

jl.

2. fox_three

fox_three Registered Member

Never mind, I misunderstood the wizard; it was asking which partition *inside* the archive to restore....

Sorry.

3. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Hello fox_three,

Quite normal in fact. You are attempting to restore your Active Primary partition (C:) to a logical partition (D:) on the same disk. I'm afraid any disk is only allowed to have one Active Primary partition. So I guess you would need to choose the option to restore it as a Logical partition instead.

Regards

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.