Can't Order TI Home 9

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by wawasan, Apr 7, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wawasan

wawasan Registered Member

Hi

I have been trying to order TI9 Home for past 12 hours.
    Well, all i get was message like this :

"We're Sorry.
    Your order cannot be completed because either inaccurate or incomplete information was entered.
    If you believe that we have mistakenly denied your order, please use your browser's "Back" button, re-enter your billing information, and try to submit your order again.
    It is very important that the billing address you enter matches the billing address of your payment method. If you continue to have problems please wait 24 hours and try again."

I try to install the trial version many times, but failed to registered.
    Is there an option to get the trial without registration or other payment option like paypal besides of credit card?

Thanks

2. Howard Kaikow

Howard Kaikow Registered Member

Why pay Acronis $49.99.
    You can order for $29.95 + $2.99 shipping (in the USA) from http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16832200204.

note that the boxed retail version has the buggier early release. Do not install using the CD, download build 2337 after you receive the CD.

Acronis has stated that owners of TI 9 will get a free upgrade to the forthcoming "Home" edition.

3. wawasan

wawasan Registered Member

Tried Newegg, didn't work for me, i'm not from US.
    Just placed order via RegNow, with 5% discount from alex coupon.

Still waiting for the email.

4. Ranger Bob

Ranger Bob Registered Member

That is not what Acronis Sale Support is telling me. I purchased version 9.0 on 09/21/2005 yet they expect me to pony up $47.99 now to upgrade to version 9.1. I don't think so.

5. Howard Kaikow

See https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=124261

6. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

The key point in the Acronis reply is that the reworked TI 9.0 Home will be released as a free "update" (not "upgrade") to registered users of the current version.

Regards

7. Howard Kaikow

I've tried contacting Dr. Who.
    Even he cannot tell me what is meant by "nearest future".

8. Ranger Bob

This is a quote from the email I received from Acronis when I asked about this "update".

As you can see they are calling it an upgrade and the link they provided is an online page to purchase Acronis True Image 9.1 Workstation.

9. Ranger Bob

Yes I am well aware of the "Acronis TrueImage 9.1 - new announce" thread and the post that was made that the update would be free. That is why I contacted Acronis about the free update. According to the email I received from Acronis Support they are treating it as an upgrade and I am expected to purchase it.

10. Howard Kaikow

The Acronis posting I quoted already has committed them to offer a free update to current registered TI 9 users. Users of earlier versions would have to UPGRADE.

11. bVolk

bVolk Registered Member

Well, I'm confused now.

Isn't it so that True Image Home reworked (the one that should replace the common TI 9.0 and should be available as free update/upgrade from TI 9.0 - like a new build) is still to be released, while the already released True Image 9.1 Workstation is a different product, belonging to the Corporate class but available at a discounted upgrade price to TI 9.0 owners?

Last edited: Apr 8, 2006
  12. backman

backman Registered Member

That's the way I see it. TI 9.1 Home = free update to 9.0 users, when it is released. TI 9.1 Work Station, already released, = reduced price upgrade to 9.0 current users.

13. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Yep, that's the way I see it too. However, just to add to the confusion, from what Acronis Support have previously said it wont be called TI 9.1 Home - it'll still be known as TI 9.0 Home but with a new Build Number and a new imaging engine (derived from the TI 9.1 series).

Regards

14. Ranger Bob

I received another email reply today on a followup I made back to Acronis Sales Support. Here is what it said:

So it would seem that the existing upgrade on the link I provided above is a corporate product as posted above but the reply goes on to say that they do not plan to develop version 9.1 of Acronis True Image Home. Notice that a new version of Acronis True Image Home will be released in the future. I wonder if this upgrade will be free or if we will have to pay a reduced fee to upgrade.

15. Howard Kaikow

Acronis has already answered this question in this forum.

What more can they say?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.