Cant log in to wilders with firefox?

Discussion in 'Forum Related Discussions' started by Dreamcatcher, Jan 8, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dreamcatcher

Dreamcatcher Guest

Hi, Does anyone else have this problem? I dont mind using IE at wilders for cookies but I would rather use Firefox, anyone have any ideas?

Thanks

2. Devinco

Devinco Registered Member

For me it is intermittent. It just started about 10 minutes ago.
    I was logged in with FF 1.5 no problems, then I went to preview a post and Wilders doesn't load. Clear cache, exit FF, start FF and Wilders is the only site that won't load right. Sometimes it tries to download a file as a .php.
    IE no problem. Previous times when it happened, I would click a forum link and it would act like it is loading the page forever and finally try to download application octet stream.

Strange.

3. DreamCatcher

DreamCatcher Guest

Thanks Devinco,

4. Tassie_Devils

Tassie_Devils Global Moderator

Very occasionally I had the same problem, [well not that it tried to download PHP, just got timed out connection], simply retried and it worked, most times, now I thought it was a case of a little hiccup along the 'hops' to Wilders, or Wilders itself, but since your post, well....

All I ever have done was to close the TAB that was trying to open and retry and it usually come back up fine.

a couple of times, after Wilders 'failed' to load I went to other sites, worked fine and came back to Wilders, and if it still would not load, I closed/restarted FF and then no probs.

Soooo it looks like there could be some corrulation between this and your hiccups guys?

Now, I have never cleared cache, etc, as I could still browse to other sites, and never thought FF was the problem, but maybe a clear of cache occasionally or restart could fix it.

TAS

5. Devinco

Devinco Registered Member

Thanks Tassie_Devils.

If it was something on the backend of Wilders, then there would be a lot of people with the same problems. So I guess it is some interaction maybe with extensions or plugins, NOD HTML filtering, who knows.

6. Mele20

Mele20 Former Poster

You guys have KIS 2006? I can't use KIS and come here unless I want to deal with this site downloading a file as php whenever I post here. Browsing the site with KIS running is no problem. But posting results in a file download box every time. Quite irritating.

7. Tassie_Devils

Tassie_Devils Global Moderator

Mele, not KIS per se, but am running KAV 4.5 PRO.

:) TAS

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.