Can't install or login...

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by winx5, Jan 14, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. winx5

winx5 Registered Member

I wanted to fresh up my NOD32 v2 installation, so I uninstalled NOD32, downloaded a fresh copy of v2.12.3 standard comercial and installed it.
    After installation, I rebooted and logged in to windows xp. The small screen wich says something like "loading your personal settings" comes up and just hangs there for ages. After waiting for 5 minutes, I reboot and same problem occurs. When I boot into safe mode, its possible to login to windows. I disabled AMON from services and Control Center from starting and tried to login normally. Same problem again. So I boot into safe mode and uninstall NOD32. After uninstalling, no problem logging in. o_O
    Tried the same procedure over agin, same problem...

Anyone else experienced anything similar?

2. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

winx5

Sounds like a conflict with another program. What other apps do you use when starting up? Any other antivirus programs?
    If you have been using NOD for awhile and had no problems before, you might try uninstalling NOD, delete the Eset directory in program files, downloading NOD again, making sure it is the right version for your computer, and reinstalling.

3. winx5

winx5 Registered Member

Hi ronjor

I agree, it does feel like a conflict with another program. In this case, I suspect windows. The only security app I use, is Ad-aware and Ad-watch, wich has always been good friends of NOD32 for as long as i can remember. :)
    I don't run any other AV progs.
    I did exactly what you wrote, uninstall, delete, download correct version and reinstall. Further more, it's odd when i disabled nod32krn.exe and Control Center, that windows wouldn't boot...Uninstall was the only cure.

4. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

winx5

I've never had the problem you are mentioning here.

In the meantime, someone may have just the answer.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2005
  5. winx5

winx5 Registered Member

Maybe, but I don't use system restore though. it's disabled.

Thanx for your replies ronjor. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.