cant install on vista

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by damanwitdaplan, Aug 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. damanwitdaplan

damanwitdaplan Registered Member

I just purchased eset smart security and i cant install it. I follow the download link in the email and type in my password and username and begin to download the vista 32 bit version. But once i try to run it the installer wizard does not open up, instead a black box appears for about 1 second then it disappears and nothing happens. I tried turning off my UAC but nothing changes. Also I am doing this in safe mode with networking because I uninstalled my previous home security and now my computer is giving me nonstop warnings about viruses and wont let me do anything. Please help me this is so frustrating.
    Thanks

2. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

3. damanwitdaplan

i downloaded and followed the instructions from the top link and i am not gettinig any more warnings or pop ups. But now when i try to install smart security a box appears telling me that the link needs to be opened with an aplication and i need to choose one. Which app should i choose for this?

4. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

5. damanwitdaplan

The smart security is downloading as a .msi file which isn't on that chart and i dont know how to extract the information.

6. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

try reinstalling windows installer files but again who knows what other damage has been done by malware. I would reformat and reinstall the machine if possible
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/942288

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.