Can't Install Avira Personal Premium

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Graystoke, Nov 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Graystoke

Graystoke Registered Member

Well, I got a reply from Avira. Needless to say, I am very disappointed with their support. After receiving the reply shown below, I contacted Cleverbridge by phone, and got a full refund.

~Wilders Terms Of Service prohibits private communications being posted on the forums without the permission of both parties. - Ron~

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 24, 2008
  2. Leo2005

Leo2005 Registered Member

hm which email adress did you wrote to?
    cause avpe[at]avira.com is not answering with this mail.
    and they are answering normally between 1 or 2 day.

this reply seems to be from support[at]avira.com

3. Ed_H

Ed_H Registered Member

Graystoke,

That is really disturbing that the only real support available in the US is via the forum. In any case, glad you got a refund.

4. trjam

trjam Registered Member

Bottom line Leo is, Avira support ,did suck and still sucks. Greystoke was one of the original beta testers like me. He does know a little about what he is doing. I swear, the downfall of Avira will be their crappy customer service, just like a few others. They could learn a thing or two from Prevx about this. You are sitting on top of the mountain right now, and I have said it before, the fall hurts. It started when you revamped your support forum so tight it choked most folks. I am sorry but I cant stand to see crap like this go on.

Greystoke is a friend, evidently mine, not Aviras.:thumbd:

5. Graystoke

I wrote to Avira's Customer Care Center.....avpe@avira.com

I had some issues with Avira before. I thought maybe things had changed, but it looks like they haven't. I see no need to harp on this any longer. What's done is done.

Thanks for the kind words trjam. :)

6. Leo2005

Leo2005 Registered Member

hm strange. this is an autorespond mail from Avira, which is not used for the avpe[at]avira.com in case you have problems with your licence
    thats why i asked for the adress. i will forward this so it can be checked.
    could you send me your Call number if you got one via pm (here or in the official support forum)

Last edited: Nov 25, 2008
  7. Graystoke

I no longer have the Call number.

I appreciate very much the help you are offering, but I don't want you to take time out of your day to continue this. As I told Mele20, who also has taken the time to help me with this, Avira has lost me as a customer.

I started a thread about this problem at the Avira forum a day after I posted here. Two moderators, Barrie and SteveSstrat335, have replied, but as of today, no one from Avira. Speaking of their forum, that is strange also. On the main page, it shows the last person to post in my thread was SteveSstrat335, and that was Saturday, Nov. 22. Mele20 and I have posted there since. My thread doesn't get bumped after a post. It is in the middle of the second page, and heading down.

8. trjam

trjam Registered Member

ROTFLMAO.. Greystoke, I think they call that "selective posturing" posts, for very little negative impact. ;)

9. Kerodo

Kerodo Registered Member

Graystoke,

Sorry to hear you had troubles with Avira, but I have to agree, if you can't find satisfaction pretty quickly, and get no real help, then it's just time to move on. I am pretty much the same. I don't want to spend days or a week on a brand new product just to get it working right. I don't have the patience myself.. And there are no shortage of alternatives either. I personally think Avira is great, but I think I'd do the same if I ran into that problem. Time to move on.....

10. Graystoke

I think you're right trjam. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.