can't get ewido to scan

Discussion in 'malware problems & news' started by capt601, May 19, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. capt601

capt601 Registered Member

I just downloaded ewido. the first time it ran and at the end it froze. So I restarted, uninstalled, installed it again. Now when I start the program, the main screen comes up, and all I hear is my hard drive spinning. the program does nothing. in the task manager it just says that it is "not responding." I have tried reinstalling, safe mode, and it still does the same thing.
    Other problems - Icannot uninstall and install norton products, and microsoft word does not start up.

any thoughts?

thanks for the help

2. lotuseclat79

lotuseclat79 Registered Member

Before trying to scan after installation have you tried updating the definitions to the latest, i.e. the downloads have an as-of-date that unless the daily updates are added to the download (doubtful), are not up-to-date.

-- Tom

3. rafael

rafael Registered Member

Downloaded Ewido just a few days ago. Update is set to auto. No problem encountered yet.

Uninstalling norton can be a real problem. Disabling temporarily will also give you problem as it will react as if your computer is being attacked. Suggest to run your norton normally and configure to allow ewido to function.

Since your other program seems to be frozen as well, even in safe mood, there could be more problems in your system needing attention. Suggest to provide this forum with more details like how your computer was behaving before you start having problem with ewido. I am sure a lot of very active and well experienced members will be glad to help you.

Suggest to check programs running in the background, cpu and memory usage. Heat could be a problem too. Maybe too many junks in your temp files and regristy. Could be failing hardware. Maybe corrupted and or missing files and so on and so on. Could be virus or spywares. Too many things to check. I wish computers could be built problem-proof.

Last edited: May 20, 2006
  4. snowbound

snowbound Retired Moderator

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.