can't find dvd

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by dsdurkes, Aug 18, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dsdurkes

dsdurkes Registered Member

I have acronis 7 and would like to completely move my C drive from PC 1 to the C drive on PC2. Can I do this? Should I do this?

Thanks in advance. I don't necessarily want to go where no one has gone before. :)

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello dsdurkes,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please do the following in order to transfer your system to the PC with a different hardware:

- Prepare your Windows for transferring using Microsoft System Preparation Tool as it is described in the following FAQ article;

- Create an image of the system partition of PC1;

- Restore this image to PC2;

- Try to boot as usual;

- If PC2 does not boot then please do the following (depending of the operating system you use):

- Boot the computer from Windows 95/98/ME Startup Disk and run "fdisk /mbr" command;

- Boot the computer from Windows 2000/XP Installation CD and run "fixmbr" command in Recovery Console;

- In case PC2 still does not boot, perform Windows Repair Installation as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

Please be aware that we do not guarantee the successful transferring of your operating system to a different hardware.

Please also note that we are no longer able to provide technical support to customers who are using Acronis True Image 7.0 because we have released a new version and do not develop the old one anymore.

Acronis True Image 8.0 has several new features:

- Reduce your disk backup time and storage by excluding paging and hibernate
    files from the disk backup image;

- Manage your PC performance by changing the disk imaging process priority;

- Verify disk backup image before a restore;

- Check the file system after a restore;

- Wider range of hardware supported upon booting from the bootable rescue media;

More information on other features can be found on Acronis web-site.

We also recommend you to try 15 days trial version of Acronis True Image 8.0 to see how the software works on your computer.

Please note that the only difference between full and trial versions of the product is that you will not be able to create an image archive running trial version of Acronis True Image from bootable rescue mode (but you can still create an image archive in Windows).

Please visit Acronis online store to purchase the upgrade.

We appreciate your consideration on this matter.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

Last edited: Aug 19, 2005
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.