Can't download ESET onto my VISTA laptop

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by typo, Mar 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. typo

typo Registered Member

Hi, I am pretty clueless and need help!

I have a license for ESET Smart Security and have it happily on my desktop XP PC for months now. I have now bought a Vista laptop and want to have it on there and not on my desktop.

When I click on the link to download and input my username and password (provided in my license confirmation email) it opens up Vista's MiniDM but all that happens is the following message in the STATUS column: fail to check URL.

I thought the problem might be that I hadn't uninstalled the version off my desktop first, so I went and did that (as I have a license for a single computer only) but it has made no difference. Is this a Vista problem, or a problem with my license? How can I download onto my laptop?

Thanks in advance :)

2. xMarkx

xMarkx Registered Member

Hello,

Can you download the ESET Smart Security installer file onto a removeable media device such as USB device from your XP computer? Then, plug the USB into your Vista computer and install. Make sure you don't have anything running in the background that could interfere with the installation process.

Did this work for you?? It could be a problem with MiniDM (IE7PRO)?

Regards,

Mark.

3. typo

typo Registered Member

Thanks so much! I did as you suggested and downloaded the file onto my desktop, transferred it and voila it works. Phew. I don't know what is wrong with vista or ie7... the less I know the better!

Thanks again :D

4. xMarkx

xMarkx Registered Member

No problem :)
    I'm glad it worked for you.

Regards,

Mark.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.