Can't disable Antivirus/Spyware Protection as Power User

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by clutch, Nov 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. clutch

clutch Registered Member

I'm deploying NOD32 v3.0 Business Edition on ~700 PCs and I noticed yesterday that if the logged in user does not have local Admin rights, you can't disable the "Antivirus and Spyware Protection". My users are only Power Users and if I attempt to disable this, nothing happens. The tray icon doesn't turn red and right clicking on this icon still shows that's it's enabled.

Obviously I can log into the PC as a local admin to disable this, however I need to test a 3rd party application under the user's login to see whether NOD32 is affecting it's performance.

I've got this setting password protected, so it's protected from the user making changes. Is there a work around to enable any non-local admin user to disable "Antivirus and Spyware Protection".

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Try killing egui.exe, navigating to the "C:\Program Files\ESET\ESET NOD32 Antivirus" folder, right-clicking egui.exe and selecting Running as... or Running as administrator on Vista.

3. clutch

clutch Registered Member

Yeah, that worked. I guess I assumed that Power Users wouldn't have permissions to kill any processes and was more focused on why they couldn't disable it from the tray icon or within the setup menu.

Thanks for cracking me in the head and opening my eyes to this Marcos. I guess I didn't have enough coffee this morning.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.