Can't delete "invalid script file"

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by EarlVa, Apr 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EarlVa

EarlVa Registered Member

I screwed up by not properly completing a script I was trying to originate. Now when I open the Task Management listings, I get an item that says "Invalid Script file" as well as other good script listings. I have tried to delete this invalid item by selecting it, then pressing the delete key; it does disappear, but comes back in future sessions. Is there some way to get rid of this invalid item permanently? I am using ATI2009. Thanks for your input.

2. Joa

Joa Registered Member

Hi,

I have in TIH2009, Build 9496 (German version) the Problem to see under “Unscheduled tasks” two “Invalid Script file” (“Ungültige Skriptdatei”) entries. If I select one, both are selected and if I want to delete this file(s), TIH2009 crashes and will send a Message to Microsoft.
    Nice, or?

PS: To solve the problem, see if ‘0 Byte’ files found in “…\All Users\Application Data\Acronis\TrueImageHome\Scripts\”; if yes delete these files.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2009
  3. EarlVa

EarlVa Registered Member

Thank you for your response.

I can't find the sub-directory where Acronis scripts are located. I am using Windows XP Home Edition. Any suggestions where to look? Thanks.

4. Bruce Mahnke

Bruce Mahnke Registered Member

See if this helps you. This is from the English version.

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Acronis\TrueImageHome\Scripts

Edit: Deleting the task in True Image should remove the script file.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2009
  5. EarlVa

EarlVa Registered Member

Thanks Bruce for your reply.
    I do not have the exact directory structure shown above and thus have not been able to find a "scripts" sub-directory.
    I note that you also are using Windows XP Home Edition plus ATI2009. Do you have the directory structure shown above, ending in the Scripts sub-directory? If not, are you able to locate a scripts sub-directory elsewhere on your pc?
    Thanks.

6. Bruce Mahnke

Yes, I have that structure. Here is a screen shot from Windows Explorer. You may have to configure your PC to show hidden files. The folder Application Data is normally a hidden folder by default.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 22, 2009
  7. EarlVa

EarlVa Registered Member

Thanks, Bruce, for this very helpful info. In more than 25 years of using PCs this is the first time I have had to deal with a hidden file -- the learning just goes on and on!

8. Bruce Mahnke

Yes it certainly does. Hopefully you were able to solve your problem. If not let us know and we can go from there.

Bruce

9. EarlVa

EarlVa Registered Member

Bruce, Solved the problem by deleting the only script file with zero content. Thanks again for your timely help. Generally, it's these little things that bug me the most.

10. Bruce Mahnke

Glad to hear that you got it fixed. Some of these things can be frustrating.

Best regards,
    Bruce

11. EarlVa

EarlVa Registered Member

Bruce, It is hard to believe but that "invalid script" item has popped up again! It completely disappeared for a while after I first deleted it. Now, out of the blue, it is back. I will delete it once again.

12. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello EarlVa,

Thank you for using Acronis True Image Home 2009

There are two possible causes:

• You are trying to run an Acronis True Image task under a Windows user account different from the one the task was created;
    • The original task script (*.tis) was removed from the Scripts folder.

Although the task script is removed from the Scripts folder, it is still registered in Acronis Scheduler. Every time the scheduled task starts, Acronis Scheduler checks all the registered task scripts and gives the error message if any of the scripts are not found in the Scripts folder.

If the task exists, try running it under the same Windows user account under which it was created.
    If the task is removed, you can unregister it from Acronis Scheduler to get rid of the error entries.

Unregistering all tasks from Acronis Scheduler
    1. Download and extract the following archive:
    o https://www.acronis.com/r/support/en/kb/1054/script_fix.zip

2. Run the script_fix.vbs file.
    (!) This will remove all scheduled tasks.

Unregistering separate tasks from Acronis Scheduler
    1. Open the operation log of Acronis True Image;
    (!) To view the operation log, in the main window of the program select Tasks and Log in Acronis True Image Home 2009 or Show Log in any other version of Acronis True Image.
    2. Find the respective error entry and note the name of the mentioned script. For example:
    Error 1 108 (0X1006C) 10/29/2008 12:09:02 No such script "90F1BFEE-7B23-4E67-96EE-173F00AE9AB4"
    3. Download Acronis Scheduler Manager from http://download.acronis.com/support/schedmgr.exe
    4. Run the schedmgr.exe file and issue the following command:
    get list
    5. In the list of displayed tasks, note the script that has the same name as the one that produces error entries in the log. For example:
    1-3 ~*TrueImageNotify* /dummy / script: "90F1BFEE-7B23-4E67-96EE-173F00AE9AB4" /uuid: "90F1BFEE-7B23-4E67-96EE-173F00AE9AB4"
    6. Issue the following commands:

task [Script Name]
    task delete

For example:

task 90F1BFEE-7B23-4E67-96EE-173F00AE9AB4
    task delete

If there is more than one task that produce error entries, repeat the procedure for each of them separately.

Best regards,
    --
    Dmitry Nikolaev

13. EarlVa

EarlVa Registered Member

Thanks, Dmitry, for this direction.

The "invalid script file" listing popped up again this morning, and I deleted it again before getting your input. When I ran the schedmgr.exe file to get a listing, there was no listing for this invalid item. When I get the "invalid script file" listing again, I will run schedmgr.exe before deleting this item. Perhaps that will help to finally resolve this nagging problem. Thanks again for your help.
    Earl

14. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Earl,

Thank you for using Acronis True Image

To remove all traces of the task script we need to re-install (update) the scheduler service. Please download Acronis Scheduler, which is a special utility to update the scheduler service. The link is available here

Extract the downloaded file, run install.bat and wait for the process to be completed. The utility will automatically update the service. Reboot the computer and re-create the necessary tasks. The issue should be resolved.

Thank you.

--
    Oleg Lee

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.