cant create image correctly. how 2 fix?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by jdzworld, Aug 10, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jdzworld

jdzworld Registered Member

this cpu seems to have an error when i try to create an image. i have v8.0 build 764. i create a rescue media disk then i restart to boot from it. when i goto create image, it gives me the following error: "failed to read from the sector 0 of the hard disk 0". i tried cancelling this stupidly(it took me to my c: partition) and it just ended up giving me a bad image after burning many disks. this is a serial ata hd and its brand new as of like 3 months ago. i have no probs w/ anything on this cpu. i did goto error checking and pushed "scan for and attempt recovery of bad sectors" but i still get this error. plz help.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2005
  2. jmk94903

jmk94903 Registered Member

First, upgrade to version 903. The build you are using is very old, and the current build has many new drivers and fixes.

After installing Build 903 and creating a new recovery CD, tell us what happened.

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

4. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Hello jdzworld,

This error message is normally due to having an empty flash card reader connected. If that's the case, then either disconnect it or insert a memory card into the slot before booting from the rescue CD and see what happens.

It's been a long time since anyone reported this error, so you may well find that updating to build 903 and creating a new rescue CD overcomes the problem.

Regards

Last edited: Aug 12, 2005
  5. jdzworld

jdzworld Registered Member

thx every1 for the input. i found out last night(after researching on these forums) that i just needed to put a blank zip disk in my drive). i have now successfully created and verified an image. thx every1!!

6. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Thanks for letting us know. Posting back with success or failure sorts out the wood from the trees and is a great help for other users with similar problems.

Regards

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.