Can't complete installation on XP

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by yukon, Jan 17, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. yukon

yukon Registered Member

California, but MIdwest Farm kid originally (a LON
    Hello..I have been HAPPY with Spyware Blaster on another computer.

Bought a Dell with XP (ugh) , paid my donation first, but could not complete installation. Here is what it said:

Component MSCOMCTL.OCX is not correctly registered, a file is missing, or is invalid.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2004
  2. snowbound

snowbound Retired Moderator

Hi yukon :)

Welcome to wilders.

Please look at item 3 in this link,

http://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=12266

Should solve your problem. :)

snowbound

3. yukon

yukon Registered Member

:D

"Snow"...

Thank you ever so much for this help. It went off without a hitch, so now I am.....again.....a full fledged "Blaster".

Sounds like that old Mel Gibson movie.

Canada?

Beautiful place and from what I read about the incredible breakthrough technology for the very inexpensive extraction of surface oil, Canada may become the new oil boom area.

I really do appreciate your help.

It's funny, for on THIS forum, I am indeed a newbie, whereas on my own hang out for five years....survival, history, exposure of lies,etc, I am one of the "Old Salts".

I plan to stop by here often now that I have the XP OS, about which I have heard war stories very often.

Bob
    Northern California

4. snowbound

snowbound Retired Moderator

Hi yukon :)

I'm glad u got it working now.

hmmm, northern california eh, wish i was there now. ;)

With all this cold and snow up here, your part of the world sounds like a much better place to be right now :D

snowbound

5. yukon

yukon Registered Member

SNOW AND ICE

"Snow"...

Well, hoop dee doo..

If you get anywhere near Sacramento, lunch is on me.

The Elephant Bar...best in town.

Bob

6. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

Yukon when I lived in California I did a lot of gold prospecting on the rubicon and american river out your way. We found enough gold to keep the gas tank full in the 4x4 and kept us fed in the resturants of sacramento. It is really pretty country up in the mountains near auburn and down in sacramento. I miss the good times out there. ;)

7. yukon

yukon Registered Member

Big C...

Wow...you were right here, for sure.

Back before you were born, probably, which would be late sixties to about 72, we used to go up to the South Fork of the Yuba River.

It happened like this:

A friend had removed his kids from public school..yes, WAY back then...and moved up to this old Gold Claim on the South Fork.

My close friends and I were hard core constitutionalists and were fighting the commies throughout N. Calif (I did the same number when I ran off to the service when I was seventeen to protect my Mom from the commie hordes in Asia. What a lie that was.)...and anyway, we needed some way to relax.

So I bought a wetsuit and diving gear, we set up a "hookah" and proceded to look for the "yellow".

In a couple of years we had deepened the pond under that waterfall by over ten feet.

I can still feel the thrill (AND THE CHILL) of taking that dental tool and working the crevices in the big granite boulders and every once in a while finding a few grains of "color".

Where are you now?

B

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.