Can't boot VM after converting .TIB->.VHD

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by fabio, Nov 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fabio

fabio Registered Member

Hello,
    I just converted to VHD a TIB file I made with Acronis True Echo Server of a Win2000 Server's system disk.
    I created the VMC file, attached this VHD to it, but when I try to boot it, it hangs on a black screen with no message.

Is this a known issue/behavior?

thanks

f.

2. fabio

fabio Registered Member

I had a better result backing up, and then converting, one volume at a time.
    I had both C: and D: drives on that server, and at first I tried to make a single .TIB file from them.

Is this Acronis' normal behavior?

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello fabio,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please accept our apologies for the delay with the response.

First of all, please make sure that you updated software to the latest build. You can download all necessary files from update section in your account.

If you have not registered your product on our web site yet, we recommend to do it in order to receive free updates.

- Choose Product registration
    - Enter the serial number for your Acronis product in the corresponding field.

This is not normal behavior, converted disk should boot your Virtual Machine without such issues.

Please refer this article in our Knowledge Base to troubleshoot this situation. And this one for the general information.

If the issue still persists, please create Acronis Report and Windows System Information from source machine (not one Virtual you're trying to boot) as it is described in Acronis Help Post. Then submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. To expedite the resolution we recommend you to use our Live Chat service after that. We will do our best to investigate the issue and provide you with a solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexander Nikolsky

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.