Can't Boot New Drive after Clone w/ ATI 9

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by CloningBlues, Dec 19, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CloningBlues

CloningBlues Guest

I am using Acronis True Image 9 attempting to successfully clone my existing 30gb 4,200 drive to a new 80gb 5,400 drive on my IBM ThinkPad R50. I am using a USB 2.0 enclosure for the new drive and have NO ISSUES both creating and using a bootable CD to complete the process. I have gone through both the automatic and manual process (keeping my partitions identical) to no avail. After ATI completes and gives me a successfully completed message I move the hard drive into the R50 and re-boot to be greeted with the "INVALID OPERATING SYSTEM!" message. I have also used the XFDISK from a floppy boot and attempted to correct any MBR issuesa and receive the message "NO COMMANDS FOR BOOTING OPERATING SYSTEM".

My HD is a standard image from my company and contains 2 hidden FAT partitions (each 8mb).

Not sure what the issue is, but I sure wish I could get some assistance from someone who has run into this or knows far more than I!!

Many Thanks if you can help,

b

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello CloningBlues,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

As I understand, you have tried to clone your old hard drive to the new one in rescue mode.

Please be aware that we recommend you to unplug one of the hard drives right after the disk cloning process has been finished, since keeping both original and cloned hard drives connected might cause different boot or drive letter assignment problems.

Please connect your cloned hard drive to the computer and create Acronis report as it is described below:

- Download Acronis Report utility;
    - Run Acronis Report utility and select the "Create bootable floppy" option;
    - Insert a blank floppy disk in the floppy drive and proceed with creating the bootable diskette;
    - Boot the computer under consideration from this diskette and wait for report creation process to complete;
    - Send us the report.txt file from the floppy disk.

This would provide us with detailed information on the hard disk partition structure.

Please create an account, then log in and submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Tatyana Tsyngaeva

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.