Can't backup system partition

Discussion in 'Paragon Partition Manager Product Line' started by rufus1000, Jun 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rufus1000

rufus1000 Registered Member

Hello, I'm sorry, but I can't speak English very well. I need some help.
    I've got Paragon Hard Disk Manager 2009 Special Edition from Giveaway of The Day offer. I cannot backup or copy my system partition. It's interrupted after copying about 11 GB, this partition is about 38 GB. It worked before, but now I doesn't, even if I'm changing many options. I was trying many times...
    Please help!

2. SIW2

SIW2 Registered Member

Hi Rufus,

What operating system are you using?

How are you trying to backup the "system" partition - entirely from within windows, or letting paragon reboot, or using the boot disc?

What error message does it give?

3. rufus1000

I'm using Windows XP. I'm starting operation in main program, in windows. I was trying with reboot and without it. If I'm trying with Microsoft VSS Hot Processing there's 0x12016 - VSS can't read vol data (or something like this). If I'm trying with Paragon Hot Processing there's 0x1200e - Internal error during Hotbackup. I also were trying without Hot Processing. Then computer restarted and when it interrupted an operation, it didn't show me any communicate. It just did incomplete backup, or deleted copied piece of the partition when it was coping.

4. SIW2

SIW2 Registered Member

Hi,

There may a problem with the HD.

Try Start > Run > "cmd" > "chkdsk c: /r"

If it is still not working after that, try making a backup image using the Paragon boot cd.

Hope it helps.

5. rufus1000

Ok, I'll try it.

Thanks for help.

6. gud4u

gud4u Registered Member

I had similar problems with HDM2010 Suite - I could back up non-systems partitions, but backup of the system/OS partition failed. I had to disable 'hot processing' to successfully back up my system partition.

There may a more elegant solution, but disabling hot processing works. Instead of the normal hot processing operation, you'll be prompted to reboot and the partition will be backed up without involving hot processing.

Your menus should be similar to mine: Tools/Settings/Hot Processing Options and disable hot processing.

Hope this helps!

7. rufus1000

It doesn't help... I propably have bad blocks. Maybe "chkdsk c: /r" will repair them. I'll try.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.