can't backup over network

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by madams2, Apr 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. madams2

madams2 Registered Member

I have version 9.0 (build 2337) running on my laptop. I am trying to do a full backup of my laptop hardrive

I created a boot disk and boot to it. I pick full drive backup and drill down to the network compter where I want the backup file to go (ie: \\work\share\mybackup) When I click next I get an error saying invalid server, path, or file name. I am not typing the path, I am drilling down to it. What am I missing here?

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello madams2,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please download the latest build (3567) of Acronis True Image 9.0 Home. To get access to updates you should first register your software.

Please be aware that when booted from removable media, Acronis True Image 9.0 Home may not detect the network. Such might be the case if there is no DHCP server in your network or your computer address was not identified automatically for some reason. To enable connection, try to specify network settings manually in the window, available at Tools -> Options -> Network adapters.

If the problem persists, please collect the information described at this post and submit a request for technical support. Please also attach the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.