Can't add file to exclusion list

Discussion in 'Returnil releases' started by edbro, Sep 30, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. edbro

edbro Registered Member

Just installed new version after lots of experience with old version on XP x32. I am now running Win 7 x64.

Returnil reports one of my files known to be good (Teracopy.exe) as a problem. When I try to add it to the exclusion list I find that I can not. I browse to the file and press the "open" button only to be told that I don't have permission to open the file. I am the admin on that machine.

First of all, why do I want to "open" the file instead of selecting the file to add to the list?

Secondly, I don't want another antivirus at all but I don't see a way to not run the av.

How can I add the file to the list?

2. Coldmoon

Coldmoon Returnil Moderator

Hi edbro,
    Please try the following and let me know the result:

1. Quarantine it by clicking the icon in the alert message.
    2. Collapse the message queue and then open the Virus Guard section
    3. Uncheck the "Activate Real-time Virus Protection" option
    4. Open the preferences > Virus Guard tab
    5. Click the Quarantine link, select the file you just quarantined and then click "Restore"

The file should now be accessible. Now go back to the preferences > Virus Guard tab, click the "Define List" link and add the file. That should clear it if you activate the VG feature in the future.

Mike

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.