Cannot write via ftp (source: Paragon File Backup)

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by Portugal, Nov 25, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Portugal

Portugal Registered Member

Hello.

Recently I bought Paragon Hard Disk Manager Suite 12 after trying the free version.

So far I've backed up some Hard Drives and files to network drives, but today I've got an error while backing up to a FTP server. After backing up around 45GB (72% of total) of data to the FTP server, I got an error: "Cannot write via ftp (source: Paragon File Backup)":

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/189/cannotwriteviaftpparago.png/

There are no details about that error as you can see above.

How can I solve this issue, or, at least, know what is causing the writing failure?

And is it possible to resume the backup operation? This is very important.

Regards.

2. Paragon_Matt

Paragon_Matt Paragon Moderator

I would recommend creating your backup locally first then transfer via a 3rd party FTP program, Paragon FTP pushes the backup live and if the operation is interrupted there is no way to continue the operation.

3. Portugal

Hello.

Thank you for your answer.

But if I create a backup using Paragon and transfer it using a third party FTP program, will I be able to check the file integrity? It would be very important to check the file integrity, even once.

Regards.

4. Paragon_Matt

Are you talking before or after the transfer?

5. Portugal

After the transfer.

If it can access the FTP and perform some kind of check, is that possible?

Regards.

6. Paragon_Matt

Unfortunately no it would require you have the software installed somewhere local to that location, which will require a separate license.

7. seekforever

seekforever Registered Member

If you create the archive locally and verify it using Paragon's routine you know the archive meets the verification standard. At this point you can run a program, there are lots of them and some are free, to find out its MD5, CRC32 or whatever checksum you desire for each of the files in the archive.

Transfer the archive via FTP and then run the checksum program within whatever constraints it requires on the remote copy of the archive.

Your FTP program may already be doing this but you should investigate what it offers in the way of error detection and correction.

You could also FTP the previously-verified copied archive back to your original machine and run Paragon's verfiy on it. If it is successful then you know its good. If it fails though you don't know if the failure was sending or bringing back or both.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.