Cannot update in non-admin accounts

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by oshoshitzu, Apr 13, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. oshoshitzu

oshoshitzu Registered Member

Spyware Blaster (subscription version) cannot update in non-admin accounts on my computer. If I try to manually update I get this message:

"Error Downloading File
    Cannot Write File Disk
    Error 75. path/file access error"

There is also an occasional brief popup message which says that it cannot update Spyware Blaster in the non-admin accounts

(XP Pro)

2. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

Hi,

I believe you should have received a response by now via our support ticket system, but in case you haven't (please check your spam/junk filters!):

On Windows XP, attempting to manually Check for Updates in SpywareBlaster (4.4) from a limited account may cause this error message to be displayed. The simple workaround is to manually check for (and download) updates from an administrator account.

(The above does not apply to SpywareBlaster on Windows Vista/7, as SpywareBlaster takes advantage of UAC and other new Windows features.)

You should not receive this same error message from AutoUpdate.

Best regards,

-Javacool

3. oshoshitzu

oshoshitzu Registered Member

Unfortunately, Spyware Blaster will only autoupdate in the admin account. When autoupdate attempts to update in a non admin (limited) account a pop up message appears saying:

"Error connecting to update server. Spyware Blaster was unable to down load the latest updates check your connection settings"

4. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

Hi,

I've replied to you through the support ticketing system. Because this will likely require some troubleshooting (and potentially some debugging tools), that's probably the best place to continue. :)

Best regards and thanks,

-Javacool

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.